"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
J D Specialized Services is a recruitment agency based in Johannesburg, dealing specifically with the placement of staff in Game Lodges & Resorts throughout Africa.
With a large client base and a reputation for service excellence, we have successfully placed suitable candidates in all departments of the Hospitality Industry, ensuring both client and candidate satisfaction.
5* Game Lodge with high standards in their service and food is currently looking for Executive Head Chef to take over the management of their kitchen.
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, ability to accept routine and mundane tasks, have high energy level, be flexible, ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of 2 years experience as a Head/Executive Chef Experience gained at 5* small boutique hotels or Game Lodges. Culinary training done at a reputable culinary school. Excellent kitchen management skills. Good training skills. Passionate about food and its presentation Up to date with the latest food trends. Good interpersonal skills. Excellent track record with contactable references.
· Salary: R20 000 ctc live-in · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 25 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: - Must have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager in a similar sized operation
- Must be experienced/qualified in at least one of the following disciplines - Electrical (single and three phase), Refrigeration and Air-conditioning and have some experience in some of the following – Plumbing, Sewage treatment systems, water treatment systems, building and general maintenance
- Able to handle pressure, and still operate effectively
- Energetic, proactive person
- Good interpersonal skills – able to function as part of a team
- Attention to detail and initiative
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of your job
- Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
· Salary: Market related · Location: Mozambique · Date Posted: 19 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
5* Lodge in Tanzania is currently looking for a Junior Executive Head Chef to join their management team.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: - Kitchen management – including all kitchen administration, general hygiene and people management
- Budget management
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: - Formal Chef Qualification
- At least 5+ years Chef Experience required in 5 star hotels or lodges
SKILLS REQUIRED: - Spoken and written English
- Computer literate
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: - Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
- Passion for training staff, creating fabulous food, and new ideas
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Passionate about guest delight
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of your job
The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, have attention to detail, must be accurate, customer focused, and have a positive outlook, excellent team player, committed, hardworking and eager to learn
· Salary: $2 000 - $2 500pm gross · Location: Tanzania · Date Posted: 19 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
4* Game Lodge in the Sabi Sands is currently looking for a hard working and committed Head Chef to take over the running of their kitchen.
-Preferably filled a similar position previously -Good staff training and staff discipline skills -Menu planning -Stock taking and orders -Hands on in the kitchen -Good all rounder -Good track record with contactable references
· Salary: R8 500 - R11 000pm · Location: South Africa · Date Posted: 15 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
We are looking for a Head Chef that has experience in steakhouse cuisine. Needs to be keen on staff training and development of the local staff. The restaurant is a one of a kind in Entebbe. The chef need to understand that working in Africa is not always easy however everything is possible with a little determination and creativity.
Duties will include but is not limited to:
• Enhancing Existing Menu and Costing - When the restaurant is not occupied with actively serving patrons, as in between meal times, the executive chef is expected to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the restaurant. The executive chef may also be called upon to use this time to create a wide variety of new dishes for his or her kitchen • Food preparation - The most important duty will be to ensure quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and to see that any problems that arise are rectified. As such, the executive chef is responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen. • Managing employees – roster, checklists, day to day kitchen administration • Establishing and maintaining contacts with vendors - orders of supplies and building relationship. • Marketing • Overseeing customer relations
The package offered: • Basic salary will be structured with 70% paid tax free in dollars with the balance paid in local currency and subject to the ruling tax rate, currently at 30%. • Suitable furnished accommodation • 1 return flight back per year after the completion of one full year of service. • Local medical cover • Company cell phone with applicable allowance
· Salary: $1 500 pm neg · Location: Uganda · Date Posted: 15 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Hotel
5* Game Lodge situated in the Selous Game Reserve is currently looking for an above-average, mature Management Couple with extensive experience in the Lodge Industry to take over the management of this stunning property.
Please note that the starting date for this position will be for the new season in 2014
-At least 10 years experience managing luxury safaris camps in East Africa would be highly advantageous. However similar experience gained in other African countries (not South Africa) would suffice -Excellent interpersonal skills with both guests and staff -Strong hosts who are passionate about guests and the guest experience -Ability to lead by example -Extensive Guiding and guide training skills -Strong maintenance knowledge and experience -Good administrative skills -Manage all lodge operation -Strong eye for detail -Manage a team of 30 staff -Strong F & B background -Excellent organizational skills -Good track record with contactable references
· Salary: $5 000pm net · Location: Tanzania · Date Posted: 15 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
We are currently looking for a highly experienced General Management Couple to take over the management of a very busy and highly pressurized camp in Tanzania
-Must have at least 8 - 10 years camp management experience. -Experience working in remote and challenging environments is essential. -Exceptional staff relation and training skills. -This is absolutely essential -Exceptional administrations skills -Excellent hosts -Highly organized and proactive -Good maintenance knowledge -Good track record with contactable references -A couple with children and pets can not be considered
· Salary: $4 500 - $5 000pm · Location: Tanzania · Date Posted: 15 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A 30 000h ha reserve covering both land and sea in Mozambique is currently looking for a married couple to fill two specific roles on this beautiful reserve.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill required:
1) Diploma in Accounting / BComm. degree ( not necessarily to have completed his/her articles) 2) If qualified, limited experience needed as on the job training will take place 3) Basic operational skills 4) Very strong on administration ( finances, general administration etc.) 5) Detailed person 6) Fluent in English ( verbal and writing ) 7) Strong communication skills 8) Good people skills very important 9) Attitude to learn and develop ( do not want a “know it all” ) 10) Pastel 11) OMNI: POS 12) Excel and MsWord Concise overview of responsibilities 1) Annual budget 2) Budget control 3) Monthly management statements 4) Annual financial statements 5) Monthly finance reporting 6) Supervision of clerks in relevant department(s) 7) Debtors / Creditors 8) Quotations 9) Report to Financial Director / Managing Director
HOLIDAY HOME MANAGER
Qualifications, Experience and Skill required:-
1) Any training in hotel / lodge industry such as a Diploma in Hotel / tourism 2) If qualified, limited experience needed as on the job training will take place 3) Good operational skills 4) Very good in planning and logistical skills 5) Most important is excellent administration and communication skills as he/she will be interacting with staff, suppliers, service provides, investors and shareholders; thus, fluent in English, very good record keeping, reporting, drafting reports, email interaction and detailed person overall ( attention to detail ) 6) Basic understanding of maintenance and construction will be a bonus 7) Must have a can do attitude , and no “clock watcher” – will work outside normal working hours 8) Excel and MSWord Concise overview of responsibilities 1) Day to day interaction with investors regarding their properties and holiday arrangements 2) Staff management at the various residences 3) Monthly reporting to investors 4) Assist other, related departments where and when necessary , i.e. activities that relates to main tasks 5) Report to Financial Director / Managing Director
- Three return tickets from VNX-JHB-VNX per annum - An all the other normal housing, generator power etc.
· Salary: R27 000pm · Location: Mozambique · Date Posted: 07 Nov 2013 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Reputable Camp Management Companies in Botswana are looking for either couples or individuals to join their company.
Lodge management. Part of a team of lodge managers in a camp headed up by the camp GM. Depending on the calibre the applicant would either be at a 4 or 5* camp
The ideal candidate should have:
A degree or diploma relevant to management/business/tourism/game lodge management. At least 2 years of game lodge management experience A clean and dedicated track record An international, RSA or Botswana drivers license Excellent people skills and charm Leadership skills Presently residing in or visiting Africa
An opportunity to work in some of the last remaining pristine wildlife destinations in Africa An opportunity to work for the leading conservation company in Southern Africa An opportunity to work for a stable, multi national company with sound environmental ethics 3 month on, one month off leave cycle; ideal for international travel
· Salary: P8 500 - P12 000 per person · Location: Botswana · Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Trails Guide: Limpopo Province
FGASA/NQF Qualifications, DEAT Registration, Valid PDP, Advanced Rifle Handling, First Aid Certificate Read More...
Senior Spa Therapist - Hout Bay
Formal qualification in Somatology or similar, Min 2-4 yrs previous exp as Senior spa therapist Read More...
Lodge & Spa Concierge/reception - Hazyview
Preferably formal training & appropriate experience in hospitality environment. 2 - 3 years exp in an hotel/lodge/retail environment Read More...
Operational Supervisor - Botswana
Minimum of 2 years experience working in a big five environment.University Degree ( Sciences or Marketing) Read More...
Young Dynamic Entry Level Food and Functions Manager - Natal Midlands
Looking for an opportunity to break into the hospitality industry. Must have a passion for food and basic knowledge in this area Read More...