"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Are you energetic? Do you rise up to a challenge? If you do, this may be the job opportunity for you!
We are currently one of the largest Adventure Tour Companies in Southern Africa. We seek a dynamic and experienced PRODUCT MANAGER to join our team based in our Somerset West Offices. In order to qualify for this position the ideal candidate should possess the following attributes and be fluent and professional in their daily conduct.
Duties will include (but are not limited to): * Overseeing scheduled tour costings, quoting and calculating Rack rates * Contracting and developing new providers * Overseeing and managing the Product team who is responsible for all scheduled booking for accommodation, activities, meals and ad hoc requests. * Overseeing and managing scheduled tours creditors, payment and expense projection * Loading, managing and overseeing all product related Tourplan duties * Investigating and resolving of on tour complaints * Managing and resolving of on tour requests, booking problems and assisting in on tour changes due to breakdown or other on tour problems * Assisting senior management with ad hoc projects
Requirements for the position: * 3+ year's product Managerial experience in the Tourism industry in SA. * Good excel skills and understanding (including excel formulas) (good office skills) * Tourplan experience and understanding * Creditors managing experience * Quoting experience * Contracting experience
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes and skills: * Logistical on road knowledge of Southern and East Africa * Good writing/ negotiation skills * Previous Tourplan packaging experience * Booking reservations skills * Excellent communications skills in English. * Strong organization skills. * Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and efficiency is critical * Ability to handle and work under pressure.
Requirements to be met for application: * Comprehensive CV with detailed experience and contactable references. * Copy of qualifications if any. * Copy of Id and latest payslip. * Own reliable transport.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the following: * Well above average basic salary package in the Tourism Industry. * Provident fund and occupational health care benefits. * Vibrant, energetic and happy office environment. * Be part of a dynamic workforce and fast growing company.
Only candidates with the necessary experience and product knowledge need to apply. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
· Reference: LS-76674-1810 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 18 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Tour Operator
Description: To assist in managing the Daily Hotel Operations in such a manner as to enhance the reputation of the establishment, to the satisfaction of the General Manager/Operations Manager, assisting in achieving the required departmental profit margins and at all times bearing in mind the comfort and well being of all guests.
General Manager/Operations Manager
Key performance areas:
- To circulate regularly in all areas of the hotel, maintaining a high profile with guests and staff.
- To ensure the efficient running of all departments, achieving the desired guest satisfaction results
- To ensure excellent hygiene standards in all departments.
- To ensure discreet but effective security in all areas.
- To ensure that all department heads maintain a high standard of motivation and morale within their respective departments and that they are practising fair and equitable employee relations.
- In conjunction with the General Manager/Operations Manager, to monitor and control profit margins in all departments, ensuring that they are consistently met or exceeded without adversely affecting quality or the overall guest experience.
- To conduct regular performance appraisals with all managers reporting to you, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is affected.
- To ensure that all line managers are conducting regular performance appraisals with their staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
- To take an active interest in the welfare and development of staff in order to improve continuously the motivation of all staff, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- To ensure that all department heads are aware of sound health and safety practices and that they are complying with these requirements within their own areas.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, to ensure that all policies relating to staff recruitment, training, discipline and/or counselling, staff welfare, remuneration, etc. are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure correct and timeous preparation of all Operational reports for presentation to the General Manager/Operations Manager.
- To devote all working efforts for the good of the hotel and not accept any other business commitments without written permission.
- To attend/drive Head of Department meetings, training meetings, Front of House meetings as requested, and on a regular basis, ensure that all HOD's are holding departmental meetings to ensure all staff are briefed on forthcoming events and standard changes.
- To ensure that all equipment and stock is counted on a monthly basis. To ensure there are no stock losses and that stock levels are adjusted to suit the business needs.
- Assume Duty management shifts when required in line with the established Duty management schedules and criteria.
- To monitor the efficient rostering of all staff in accordance with forcusted business and current budgets.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Manager concerning maintenance in all areas to be carried out and check work completed.
- To be aware of the need to control costs and conserve energy in line with the hotel's budget and business forecast, and take necessary steps to fulfill this task.
- To carry out any reasonable duty requested by General Manager/Operations Manager.
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
- At least 5 years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry in Hotel Operations.
- 2 years at Management Level
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skilful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks. Personal skills:
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Possible night shifts
- Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts.
· Reference: LS-76585-1108 · Salary: R25,000 - R35,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 11 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Plan, Forecast and Budget the revenues and cost for the outlet. Continuously improve and innovate upon product and services to achieve a larger market share and retain regular guests of the restaurant. Staffing and scheduling of the associates and allocation of duties to ensure the maximisation of associate productivity and minimise payroll costs.
Graduates from reputed hotel management schools Experience in luxury hotels. Knowledge of other hotel services Knowledge about Food and Beverage services including cuisines, menus, accompaniments, wines, beers, spirits, cocktails, tobacco, teas, coffees, other non-alcoholic beverages and the overall dining experience Rules of F&B service and service etiquette F&B service skills and other operational skills Professional guest interaction 2 3 Years experience in a similar executive position
· Reference: LS-76545-09 · Salary: R13 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 10 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Luxury 5* hotel offering highly reputable Dining facilities (2 restaurants) as well as busy conference, wedding and events venues seeks a suitably qualified and experienced F&B Manager to provide operational management and support to the department. Duties include: Co-ordination of all F&B outlets within the departments to ensure seamless levels of service; Control payroll and equipment costs through efficient allocation of department budget; Oversee inventory management and requisition of materials and goods; Supervise service levels (delegate duties, monitor and streamline; enhance with training); Staff recruitment, induction, training, management and development including weekly scheduling of shifts and facility stations; Promote hotel F&B facilities through regularly interacting with guests. Manager overall set-up, break-down, cleaning and food and beverage presentation and specifications for all company events/ offerings; Review banquet, wedding and event orders to determine staffing and food quantity; Related administration.
What you need to apply for this position: Grade 12; Formal qualification in Hotel F&B Management with a minimum of 5 years previous Management experience of an F&B Department within the 4-5* luxury hotel sector. Must be computer literate on MS Office Suite, Opera, Micros. Must have an unendorsed Drivers licence.
· Reference: LS-76395-2310 · Salary: R18 000 - R19 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 23 Jun 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
We are looking for a responsible, well presented, well spoken Executive Assistant to act as a Administrative Business Partner to the Managing Director and to provide personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner.
Full Time Appointment and Prepared to work overtime as and when required. Responsibilities:
devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the MD to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the MD;
carrying out background research and presenting findings;
assist with maintaining the Company's Social Media Websites
producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the MD is well prepared for meetings;
responsibility for accounts and budgets;
taking on some of the MD's responsibilities and working more closely with management
Matric /NQF LEVEL
3-4 years working experience as a PA/Executive Assistant
Working experience of Social Media
Good understanding of Sales
PA diploma or certification would be considered an advantage
Proven working experience as a personal assistant
Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
MS Office and English proficiency
Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
Ability to multi task and prioritize daily workload
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Discretion and confidentiality
Own, reliable transport
· Reference: LS-76081-2508 · Salary: R15 000 - R18 000 per month CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 25 May 2017 · Employer type: Tour Operator
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Housekeeper Supervisor - Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on expSupervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in lodge as well as tidiness and to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained throughout the lodge.. Read More & apply
Front Office And Reservations - Hartbeespoortdam
Salary: R5 000 dep on exp. We need someone with good people and telephone skills to handle telephone, walk ins and email booking enquiries, as well as other FOH functions.Read More...
Field Guide - Johannesburg/Kruger
Salary: Neg dep on exp and qualifications. Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 1 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment.Read More...
Senior Chef - Stanford
Salary: Dep on experience. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced chef who is enthusiastic, hard working with a passion for creating exciting food.Read More...
Direct Sales Consultant - Cape Town City Centre
Salary:Dep on Experience + Comm. One of the largest Adventure Tour Companies in Africa is seek a dynamic and experienced person to join their vibrant team of DIRECT SALES consultants. Read More...