"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
• Planning and organising accommodation and other hotel services, promoting and marketing the business.
• Making sure all stock and linen are ordered and maintained at correct levels.
• Monitoring quality of stock. (damaged linen, expired materials and liquor)
• Setting up procedures: Housekeeping, Duty Manager, Night Manager Check-lists.
• Monitoring procedures and reacting on loopholes in the system.
• Pro-active marketing and strategies to ensure occupancy targets are achieved.
• Gathering information on problems with systems, staff and maintenance plus recording new ideas and strategies to enhance service and structures bi-weekly in order to be discussed during staff meeting.
• Following up staff meeting points by delegating tasks in the following 2 weeks.
• Double checking invoices and monitoring quality of services of suppliers.
• Issuing daily ad hoc duties to staff to ensure maximum productivity.
• Continues staff training on problem areas.
• Boost staff morality and promote team spirit.
• Maintaining statistical and financial records.
• Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure.
• Setting and achieving sales and profit targets.
• Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management
• Recruiting, training and monitoring staff.
• Responsible for informing new recruits of the Hotel's rules and regulations.
• Conduct performance appraisal/review for staff members under your supervision
• Planning work schedules for individuals and teams.
• Meeting and greeting customers.
• Dealing with customer complaints and comments i.e. investigations into causes of customer complaints and report to HOD. This done face to face with clients as well as on-line complaints.
• Addressing problems and troubleshooting.
• Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly.
• Supervising maintenance, supplies as well as dealing with the suppliers,
renovations and furnishings.
• Ensuring security is effective.
• Carrying out inspections of property and services we offer
• Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other
• ADHOC Duties as requested.
All applicants are to send their CV along with a cover letter. Only serious applicants will be considered
· Reference: LS-70700-0809 · Salary: On Application · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 08 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
A 5 star boutique hotel with 26 rooms and suites situated in Franschhoek, Cape Winelands, requires a restaurant manager to assist with the management and the daily running of the restaurant and hotel.
A challenging position with constant guest interaction, general assistance in all departments including restaurant management and staff management would require a candidate with suitable skills and experience.
Applicant must live in the winelands area or be prepared to relocate and must have his / her own reliable transport. Applicant must be presentable and dedicated to excellent client service with a positive and friendly attitude.
Minimum 2 years experience as a head of department or management role in the hotel industry essential, preferably in restaurants or general guest services. Tertiary education hotel management preferred but not essential.
Email your CV with recent photograph for consideration
· Reference: LS-70681-0307 · Salary: Negotiable on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 03 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Beauty Therapist - near Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on Exp (plus commission & incentives). Spa therapist to provide cover for 3 lodges, doing 2 weeks at each lodge then taking 2 weeks off.Read More & apply
Senior Reservations Consultants - Maun
Salary: P12000 - P18000 dep on exp. A Tour operator is looking for creative and out of the box planning and designing of leisure FIT tailor-made itineraries. Read More...
Junior Bookkeeper - Somerset West
Salary: R8000 - R10000 neg. Tour operator based in Somerset West is looking for a full time Junior Bookkeeper. Read More...
Head Chef - Grahamstown
Salary: R10000 to R15000 dep on exp 5* Lodge looking for a professional Head Chef with exceptional 5* experience gained from highly regarded upmarket Restaurants or Game Lodges. Read More...
Fgasa Level 1 Guide - Pongola
Salary:R6000 - R10000 on exp. A Game Lodge is looking for a Guide with at least 2 years experience and a valid PDP. Read More...