"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
We are a well-established company in the leisure industry, and we are recruiting for a dynamic Housekeeping Manager. This position will be based at one of our Nature Reserves in the Western Cape near the Cederberg Mountains. The perfect candidate will be devoted and loyal, with good communication and listening skills, and have a passion for client services. This position is a live in position.
- Supervise all housekeeping employees, take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed.
- Evaluate employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Assign regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the chalets.
- Assist with report preparation of management information.
- Develop, implement and maintain housekeeping system and procedure.
- Control all cleaning material & equipment - your cluster.
- Control and check the inventory system - uniformity & standardisation.
- See to that housekeepers are clean and dressed neatly.
- Do inspections of units before arrivals.
- Grade 12 required, tertiary qualifications will be an advantage.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities.
· Reference: LS-68409-0408 · Salary: Market Related · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A 5 star boutique hotel with 26 rooms and suites situated in Franschhoek, Cape Winelands, requires a restaurant manager to assist with the management and the daily running of the restaurant and hotel.
A challenging position with constant guest interaction, general assistance in all departments including restaurant management and staff management would require a candidate with suitable skills and experience.
Applicant must live in the area or be prepared to relocate and must have his / her own reliable transport. Applicant must be presentable and dedicated to excellent client service with a positive and friendly attitude.
Minimum 5 years experience as a head of department or management role in the hotel industry essential, preferably in restaurants or general guest services. Tertiary education hotel management preferred but not essential.
· Reference: LS-68364-3110 · Salary: Negotiable on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 31 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Chef - Johannesburg
Salary: 15k - 20k. Min 2 yrs exp to develop recipes and design, Formal culinary qualification, training staff and maintaining standards Read More...
Assistant Operations Manager - Strand
Salary: R10K to R12k neg. Tourism experience a must, Willing to work long hours sometimes 7 days a week and on call 24 hours Read More...
Senior Spa Therapist - Hazyview
Salary: Competitive basic, commissions, accom and profit sharing. Min 3 yrs exp, Qualified, A thorough knowledge and indepth understanding of the role of social media, and excellent computer skill Read More...
Management Couple - Pangani District
Salary: To be negotiated. Relevant exp, Knowledge and experience with boats, Some skills in maintenance and repair, Oversight of some ongoing small construction projects Read More...
Junior Manager/Field Guide - Kruger National Park
Salary: Negotiable. Tourism qualification & restaurant experience an advantage, FGASA qualified, drivers licence with PDP Read More...