Leave: 2 days off a week.
Employer Overview: This fine dining restaurant with a contemporary French influence now seeks a Head Pastry chef to join their close knit kitchen team. Steeped in a rich history with a legacy of luxury and hospitality this up-market restaurant provides guests extraordinary cuisine, fine wine and spirits, and exceptional service. Offering dinners in the summer, and dinners and lunch in the winter, the restaurant also offers a tapas-style menu in an outside dining area.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
• Hands on management of the Pastry section
• Menu development and training of the staff in your section
• Stock control in the Pastry section
• Preparation of the fresh a’la carte menu items
Why should you apply for this position?
- Join a close knit team in an environment that allows learning and growth
- Work under an Executive Chef who includes everyone in the creative process
- Well known property for service excellence and food
- An opportunity to make your mark
Position Reports to: Executive Chef
What type of experience do we require?
- Experience in busy, up-market restaurants
- Fine dining experience essential
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Culinary qualification from a recognized establishment
What skills / behaviours are required?
• An eye for detail and passionate about pastry
• Strong leadership abilities
• Motivated, enthusiastic, energetic, creative
• A team player that will go the extra mile to ensure the success of the team
• Knowledge of current culinary trends and seasonal food produce
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-65231-2911
· Salary: R15 000 per month, live out.
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Western Cape
· Date Posted: 29 Nov 2013
· Employer type: Restaurant