"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Well established 4* Lodge on an award winning wine farm outside Stellenbosch, is looking for a chef to join their kitchen team. The position will consist all tasks normally associated with a chef in a 4 star establishment, including:
- Preparing breakfast for the Lodge guests
- Preparing bistro style lunch and dinners in the Lodge restaurant
- Catering for weddings and other functions being held at the Lodge Function venue
- Assist with stock take and stock control
- Ensure compliance to health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a hotel environment
- A suitable qualification would be advantageous
- A team player also able to work independently
- Willing to work shifts
· Reference: LS-69222-3002 · Salary: Market related · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
• To provide an efficient and cost effective food service to the establishment
• Accurate control and management of stock
• Accurate control and management of food cost
• Accurate control and management of assets
• Knowledge of operational standards and procedures of a kitchen including preparation.
• Financial feasibility of menus
• Manage customer/client relationships
• Maintain a good working relationship with the Head chef and ability to take control in the absence of Senior chefs
• To ensure staff training on portion control
• To ensure that hygiene standards are adhered to
• To keep abreast of food/market trends
• Daily monitoring and submission of orders to ensure 0% out of stock on all items within operations – ensure PAR levels check lists in place and adhered to
• Maintaining standards and monitoring at all times on displays and service.
• Check that your venue has cleaning program in place & being adhered to
• Report all Maintenance and defects/malfunction of equipment to senior management
• To be agile and assist at any adhoc/special functions, which may arise outside of normal working hours.
• Matric qualification
• Tertiary education in Hospitality
• Hospitality experience (3 - 5 years)
• An excellent command of the English language
• Computer literacy–MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, knowledge of MC adv. )
• South-African citizenship
• Driver’s license essential
· Reference: LS-68950-0704 · Salary: Market Related · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 07 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Leisure Company
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Management Couple - Malawi
Salary: R25,000.00 NET. live in - Malawi . We are looking for a couple to co-manage an 8 bedroomed, upmarket lakeside lodge and yacht charter company on the shores of Lake Malawi. Read More & apply
F&B Manager - Sossusvlei
Salary: Neg. Amazing dessert life for you? A Game farm in Sossusvlei is looking for a F&B Manager, min 3 yrs experience, a Namibian citizen and fluent in German. Read More...
Spa Therapist - Mpumalanga
Salary: R4.5K-R5.5K. Live in with 10% commission. 3 yrs exp in a similar up-market environment essential, Exp in reflexology and aromatherapy is non-negotiable. ITEC or CIDESCO certifications and a National Diploma in Health and Skin Care are required to take on this position. Read More...
Head Guide - Zambia
Salary: TBD. Head guide required to head up a team of 10 guides at Chongwe Safaris. To bring discipline and structure to team, large fleet of vehicles, boats and canoes. Implement ongoing training and enrich guests activity experience. Read More...
Executive Chef - Limpopo
Salary: R25K-R30K. Minimum of 5 years in an Executive Chef position with relevant qualifications, Excellent Kitchen management skills, Exp in cooking for large numbers of 650 pax, Exp in running a kitchen with at least 60 staff, Strong controls & procurement skills, Menu planning & innovation. Read More...