"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
This signature restaurant will have you captivated with its quirky mix of nostalgia and Cape Dutch modernism. Enjoy genuine hospitality and uncomplicated dishes with a sustainable conscience from their locally inspired, seasonal menu.
The Pastry Chef will run the Pastry section, preparing a la carte items, developing specials and controlling stock. Successful applicants must have a Culinary or Pastry qualification from a recognised institution, fine dining experience and preferably a background in upmarket restaurants. This position requires an eye for detail, strong leadership skills and an energetic and creative approach. A knowledge of current culinary trends and seasonal produce as well as a passion for pastry are essential. Are you a team player who will go the extra mile to ensure the success of the team?
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
* Photograph - Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database * Start and End dates for all previous employment * Written references that you have available * Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV's received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if valid works permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-68357-2902-004 · Salary: R9500 per month negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Wine Estate
To manage section and section staff ensuring that:
- Section stock levels are correct and where required requisitioned in accordance with SOP
- Mise en place requirements are planned, actioned and handed over in accordance with SOP
- All food prepared is done in accordance with recipes an RCH and LHW time standards
- Section is set up and managed to maximise productivity and in accordance with Health and Safety and Statutory Hygiene practices and company guidelines
- Section’s WIF Stock is cleaned, organised, labeled and rotated in accordance with SOP
- To communicate any challenges re. equipment, food and staff to the chef on duty as soon as it becomes known - To train staff on an ongoing basis to ensure they are always up to standard with current menu recipes and standards
- Advise kitchen management of order requirements for section stock in accordance with business levels ensuring sufficient stock and no wastage
- Ensure that fridge temperatures are monitored and reported daily
- Diploma in Patisserie
- Must have at least 1 years experience in a 5* Hotel or Fine Dining Establishment
- Good knife skills
- Neat with high regard for personal hygiene and presentation
- Solid English verbal communication skills
- Understanding and application of basic math calculations
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays with a long cycle of consecutive work days
· Reference: LS-68139-0601 · Salary: Market related with Medical Aid and Provident Fund · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Keep abreast of trends in the culinary industry
- Develop and analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour cost, and overhead costs.
- Design special product offerings to maximize usage of stock and to make use of slow moving stock.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food operations within establishments to ensure efficient operation
- Monitoring and controlling resources and assist in overseeing the spending of money
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including training, coaching, mentoring, setting and monitoring performance standards and discipline
- Ensure that SHEQ & FCS requirements for each kitchen division are met
We are now accepting applications for an Executive Sous Chef – someone who will assist the Executive Chef with the on the floor managing and control of our culinary areas within the F&B department, including Food Production, Food Service, Catering Event Planning and Back of House.
You will also have to provide a unique 5* product offering in all Hotel outlets and Restaurants in line with changing guest dining trends through continuous product development whilst maintaining cost effective food production standards and operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills, can comfortably and engagingly communicate with colleagues, superiors and guests.
The position requires that the candidate have a 3 year Chefs Diploma through an internationally recognised institution with at least 6 years experience in culinary of which 3 years as an Executive Sous Chef in a 5* hotel or resort environment.
Michelin background & being classically trained as well as computer literacy on MS Office are essential; working knowledge on SAP and financial management awareness will be an advantage.
· Reference: LS-68091-0112 · Salary: TBD · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 01 Aug 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
• Strong leadership & management skills (responsible for approximately 20 Staff)
• Quality and customer service driven
• Ability to work within a pressurized environment
• Good food knowledge and confident cooking skills in fine cuisine
• Innovative thinking and creative/artistic flair , ideas and concepts,
• Fine presentation and plating skills,
• Abreast with updated and knowledgeable in current Culinary and Plating trends
• Well versed in menu engineering and the implementation thereof
• Good knowledge on controlling of kitchen expenses – gas, labour, Operating equipment and maintenance thereof
• Good knowledge on controlling recipe and food costing - wastage, stock rotation, SOP’s
• Hands on management of food quality, presentation, preparation and consistency standards
• Effective communication, problem solving, decision making and conflict management skills and a good understanding of disciplinary processes.
• Ability to use Initiative,
• Be proactive and self driven
• Attention to detail pertaining to food quality, presentation, preparation and portion control
• Managing and maintaining high standard of kitchen hygiene, food storage and work practices
• Good daily planning and forecasting planning skills to meet deadlines with regards to functions, service, operations and administration.
• Experience in managing staff performance, productivity, staff succession planning and development.
• Ability to delegate and empowering staff productively and effectively
• Compliance to workplace policies, rules, procedures and standards
• Training and development
• Time Management
• Financial Management
• Industrial Relation and Performance Management
• Operational Performance and Planning
• Food trends and environment
• Kitchen Hygiene and safety
• Must have a Culinary Diploma or similar plus 3 years experience within a similar operation and level of responsibilities
• South African citizen
• 5 star hotel experience in a similar position highly recommended
• Previous Staff Management experience is essential
• Previous experience in managing a kitchen is essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft packages ( Word, Excel, email )
· Reference: LS-68175-3003 · Salary: Market related (depending on experience) · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
- To provide an efficient and cost effective food service to the establishment
- Accurate control and management of stock
- Ensure that all stocks are maintained to adequate levels according to Company standards, including food and operating equipment.
- Accurate control and management of food cost
- Accurate control and management of assets - Knowledge of operational standards and procedures of a kitchen including preparation.
- Financial feasibility of menus
- Manage customer/client relationships
- Maintain a good working relationship with the
- In consultation with Senior Chefs, ensure that all menus are updated, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- To ensure that all menus are calculated correctly to obtain maximum profit. - To ensure staff training on portion control
- To ensure that hygiene standards are adhered to
- To keep abreast of food/market trends
- Ensure high service levels are maintained in your outlet.
- Daily monitoring and submission of orders to ensure 0% out of stock on all items within operations – ensure PAR levels check lists in place and adhered to
- Maintaining standards and monitoring at all times on displays and service.
- Check that your venue has cleaning programme in place & being adhered to
- Report all Maintenance and defects/malfunction of equipment to senior management
- To carry out any reasonable request by management in the functioning/ smooth running of the operation
- To be agile and assist at any adhoc/special functions, which may arise outside of normal working hours
- Matric qualification
- Tertiary education in Hospitality
- Hospitality experience (3 - 5 years)
- High attention to detail
- An excellent command of the English language
- Computer literacy–MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, knowledge of MC adv. )
- South-African citizenship
- Driver’s license essential
- Fine dining experience
· Reference: LS-68061-2101 · Salary: R9 500.00 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Leisure Company
Busy 4* corporate hotel with 450 plus rooms seeks an experienced Exec Sous Chef currently holding the same position in a large 300 roomed 4* hotel or a current Executive Chef working in a 250 roomed 4* hotel. Must have strong a la carte skills, be up to date with modern food trends and plating finesse, good kitchen hygiene skills and excellent motivational as well as staff management skills. Qualification and minimum 4 years experience required at the same level in recognised 4* hotels with over 300 rooms.
Applicants who do not have the above specific hospitality management experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! Open to South African citizens only or non citizens with a valid work permit/visa.
· Reference: LS-68006-1605 · Salary: R27 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 16 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
A 4* Boutique Hotel based in Cape Town seeks a Commis Chef. Duties will include the following: Preparation, production and presentation of mise en place for a la carte service. Assist with Menu Planning, stock control, etc. Lovely opportunity for a young professional chef who is looking to learn from a good head chef.
Diploma in Professional Cookery.
The candidate must have the following skills:
Young, enthusiastic, willing to learn, pro-active, reliable, punctual. This is a fabulous opportunity for a chef who wants to learn from a European trained chef in the classical French way of cooking. All stocks, sauces, etc. are made from scratch within this kitchen. No short cuts!
· Reference: LS-67892-0809 · Salary: R6000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 08 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the incumbent is responsible to provide creative and innovative food preparation solutions, develop menus and food plans in line with the client's corporate culture as well as manage costs in line with budgetary requirements.
Education and experience required:
Relevant Chef Qualification or at least 5 years' experience in food preparation and service
Experience in provision of food in a multi-cultural environment
Customer relations experience
Knowledge Skills and Competencies required:
Knowledge of kitchen, food and beverage industry and requirements and standards
Excellent communication skills
Well groomed and well presented
Sound knowledge of operational standards and procedures of kitchen
Strong sense of service and customer orientation
Excellent organisation and planning skills
Good people management skills
Creativity and innovation
Must be a good team player with the ability to motivate staff
Good knowledge of the catering environment
Good knowledge of Health and Safety policies and processes relevant to the catering industry
Key areas of responsibilities:
To ensure that there is sufficient stock at all times
To order stock for the staff restaurant as well as for functions from our approved APL and approved supplier
To check stock levels and order when necessary following the ordering procedures stipulated by the company
To report all damaged equipment hindering the operation to Clients maintenance department
To manage the kitchen staff effectively and in line with Company policies and procedures
To ensure that the menus are fresh and innovative and diversified and meet Clients requirements and expectations and correctly costed
To develop function guide menus as and when required, including costing such menus from approved APL rate
To check that HSE requirement are met and kitchen staff adhere to such HSE practices
Ensure that all Kitchen staff is neat and presentable at all times and always wear the necessary PPE supplied by the company
To ensure that the kitchen is clean and hygienic all times
To provide the necessary training to all staff members and record it accordingly
To perform any other reasonable request made by management
To cultivate a good relationship with Microsoft Client and staff
To ensure that function catering is always on time and well presented
To manage all the controls in conjunction with Kitchen staff and fill in the supporting paperwork by utilizing company issued tools and initiatives such as Tie backs on meals prepared versus meals served and sold and hold non complaint individuals accountable
To plan and execute a minimum of ONE theme day per month in conjunction with the PM on sites
· Reference: LS-67897-0810-001 · Salary: TBD · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 08 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Catering Company
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Chef - Johannesburg
Salary: 15k - 20k. Min 2 yrs exp to develop recipes and design, Formal culinary qualification, training staff and maintaining standards Read More...
Assistant Operations Manager - Strand
Salary: R10K to R12k neg. Tourism experience a must, Willing to work long hours sometimes 7 days a week and on call 24 hours Read More...
Senior Spa Therapist - Hazyview
Salary: Competitive basic, commissions, accom and profit sharing. Min 3 yrs exp, Qualified, A thorough knowledge and indepth understanding of the role of social media, and excellent computer skill Read More...
Management Couple - Pangani District
Salary: To be negotiated. Relevant exp, Knowledge and experience with boats, Some skills in maintenance and repair, Oversight of some ongoing small construction projects Read More...
Junior Manager/Field Guide - Kruger National Park
Salary: Negotiable. Tourism qualification & restaurant experience an advantage, FGASA qualified, drivers licence with PDP Read More...