An exciting opportunity for an experienced Game Reserve/Game Farm Manager or Management couple to live and work on an exclusive private game reserve located 2 hours outside of Cape Town. The applicant must have the necessary experience in the management of game farms including:
- Managing general farm infrastructure and operations.
- Marketing of safaris and hunting opportunities.
- Managing guest relations and visitors.
- Managing finances, budgets and labour personnel.
- Managing game-breeding programs and game species.
- Managing game stock through game capture, hunting/culling including taxidermy.
- Managing veld, veld rehabilitation programs and the removal of alien vegetation.
- Erosion control and drought management
- Diploma in Nature Conservation or Game Ranch Management.
- At least 3 - 5 years game farm management experience required.
- Experience with game breeding projects (especially buffalo) will be advantageous.
- Must have a Professional Hunting Qualification.
- Must be passionate about the job with good people skills in order to interact with guests.
- Must be technically-minded, have good organisation skills and be “hands on".
- Must speak english and afrikaans.
Attractive salary package, company benefits and the opportunity to live on a beautiful game reserve.
Please forward a detailed CV inclusive of the following information:
- Summary of your experience working in the game industry including duties and responsibilities.
- Summary of skills & achievements.
- Indicate the companies worked, position held at each company related to game farming industry.
- Supply current gross salary & expected gross salary range per month.
· Reference: LS-71256-1906
· Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Western Cape
· Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge