Notes: Meals when on duty, Uniform provided, Laundry Service. Private accommodation with own bathroom. No children or pets.
Leave: 25 days on and 5 days off.
Annual leave: 21 days plus public holidays
Employer Overview: Five Star Safari Lodge and Relais & Chateaux property, renowned globally for its diversity and formidable concentration of big 5 seeks a Head Ranger to lead their guiding team. Exclusive lodge, with intimate experiences with elephant herds and other wildlife.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- The role will entail the mentoring, leading and management of other guides
- A strong emphasis will be on getting the current guides up to lead trails status
- Interact closely with guests
- Implement changes in the guiding department where necessary
Why should you apply for this position?
- Join a Relais & Chateaux property
- Work in big five environment and closely large concentrations of elephants
- Gain five star experience and interact with local and international guests
Position Reports to: Lodge Manager
What type of experience do we require?
- The ideal candidate will have between 3 - 4 years and a fair amount of experience working as either a senior or head ranger
- Five star lodge experience and Big 5 guiding experience a must!
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- FGASA Level 2 or 3
- Lead trails guide (Theory, VPDA, & AWH)
- Code 8 and PDP
- THETA registered
- Competency certificate and card for rifle handling
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Management and leadership skills are essential for this position
- Good logistics and operational skills a must
- Confidence in both a game drive as well as walking situation on ones own is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to utilize initiative
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-65295-0612
· Salary: R7000 – R8000 per month. Live In
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Eastern Cape
· Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge