Benefits: Accommodation and uniform provided. Medical Aid and Provident contributions.
Employer Overview: This premier lodge and conservation area now seeks a field guide to join their team in welcoming in the festive season. Such a vast area offers a safe haven for many endangered and rare species while protecting an area of unique diversity and beauty. Hospitality operations serve as a means towards ensuring that the conservation objectives of the property are sustainable while at the same time ensuring that the people of the area benefit from the work opportunities and training that tourism development offers. Conservation, socio-economic development, tourism and responsible environmental management are the four legs upon which this lodge has been developed.
Why should you apply for this position? The incumbent in this position will be responsible for providing a professional field guiding and interpretative service to the guests, in a safety conscious way, and to assist in conservation work and habituation projects on the reserve when needed.
Position Reports to: Head Guide
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- A thorough knowledge of all aspects of field guiding.
- A working knowledge of local fauna, flora, ecology, ethno-botany, archaeology, geology, night sky, climate, and first aid.
- Basic ability to identify major tracks and signs
- Providing a professional field guiding and interpretative service to the guests in a safety conscious way
- Assist in conservation work and habituation projects when needed.
What type of experience do we require?
Min 2 years of guiding experience in a big game environment
Proven track record needed
Which qualifications will secure this position?
Must have a FGASA Level 2 Qualification or equivalent
Must have a FGASA Lead Trails Guide Qualification
Valid driver’s license with valid public drivers’ license
Fire arm proficiency certificate (with Poslec Seta)
What skills / behaviours are required?
Excellent communication skills
Spontaneous, friendly personality and a strong character
Geared up and hard working team player
Skilled in hosting international guests and mature enough to deal with up-market guests
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-65237-2912
· Salary: R5 500 – R6 500 – depending on qualifications and experience. Live in
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Northern Cape
· Date Posted: 29 Nov 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge