Notes: Package includes: Medical Aid and Provident Fund contributions. Employer Overview: Globally recognised as one of the world’s pioneering responsible luxury adventure tourism companies, the group owns and operates 33 extraordinary safari lodges and camps in locations across five African countries including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya and Tanzania. As part of the company’s ethics, wildlife conservation and ecotourism are considered as vitally important, along with guest relations and service.
Why should you apply for this position? This dynamic marketing Team is currently looking for a PR Communications Expert who is ready to roll up their sleeves and make a difference.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- A degree or equivalent level of tertiary qualification
- Additional business qualification like an MBA will be an advantage
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Grade 12
- Drivers License
- A foreign language will be an advantage
What type of experience do we require?
- International experience essential
- A minimum of 5 years experience in corporate communications, preferably within the travel industry
- Travel & Tourism experience
- Financially literate
- Experience across media relations, corporate communications, crisis management, public affairs and/or marketing communications
- Conservation or sustainability experience will be an advantage
What are the key responsibilities of the position? - Lead the PR Communications function for USA, Canada, South America & Asia
- Develop and implement a clear PR strategy aligned to the overall Business and Marketing Strategy
- Be the principle geographic contact for media relations
- Craft and distribute all PR materials including press releases, media alerts and fact sheets
- Work closely with the Marketing Team
- Actively seek out new opportunities for revenue generation by identifying creative story angles and aggressively pitch media to secure coverage for markets
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key media contacts
- Be responsible for all written communications
- Work with other functions including HR, IT, Legal, Sales, Product to support their communications needs
- Respond to media enquiries in a timely manner - Grow new and maintain existing media databases
- Effectively communicate brand messages through all channels
- Publicise media coverage on company collateral and maintain content
- Manage an agreed budget for geographic territory
- Track media coverage and report PR results with recommendations for on-going improvement
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Leadership competencies such as team work, creative problem solving, flexibility, results driven and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with effective ways to reach industry trade press editors, reporters, industry professionals and other influencer relationships through media relations, press releases and presentations, press conferences and calls, contributed articles, and social media
- A track record of developing successful working relationships with industry trade press editors, reporters, industry professionals and other influencer relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - Must be fluent in written and spoken English - Influencing and persuading
- able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Planning and organization Resilience
- strong ability to cope under pressure and work with ambiguity and constantly changing set of circumstances and issues
Forward CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-63020-2401
· Salary: R24 500.00 per month, Live out. Cost to Company Package
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Gauteng
· Date Posted: 24 May 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge