FOH Anchor 5* lodge Greater Kruger.
Salary: R8,500 – R10,500 cost to company less deductions
Start Date: Immediate.
Please submit a brief motivation and CV in Word format only and detailsof the position you are applying for?
Please include any written references and current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for previous employers, for referencing purposes.
When listing previous employer experience please list your current or latest position FIRST followed by previous positions in descending order. Please give details on the following if possible? What is your availability for interviews and do you have transport for them?
Do you have a notice period or preferred starting date to commence employment? Where is your home base and where are you situated now? If you are currently employed do you have a particular reason for wanting to leave or resigned & does your employer know you are leaving? Please only apply for this vacancy if you fit the profile? If you have a particular requirement or area of preference please let us know and we will do our best to find you the most suitable position.
Applications to be accompanied by a resume, certificates will be required at an interview.
Please email your CV in Word format only directly for Attention Rob Tappe (Eco Landela Lodge-placements)
The Front of House Anchor fulfils the position of assistant lodge manager and Amukeri, according to the requirements of the leave cycle schedule. The handover received from the incumbent of the position prior to their departure and the handover provided on their return is a priority. The anchor is fully responsible for the requirements of the position in the absence of the incumbent. However, it is critical that the anchor act as a “care taker” when filling in, and that system or policy changes are not made in the absence of the incumbent.
This position is accountable to the Lodge Manager.
In broad terms the assistant lodge manager oversees the following key performance areas:
- Management and training of the lodge staff in line with the The lodge Standard of Excellence
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained - Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not eroded
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control
- Effective communication and maintenance of lodge relations
As such the person filling this position should be:
- A minimum of 4 year’s work experience – ideally 2 years as a trainee and in a well-recognized five star hotel or world class lodge, as an assistant manager
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge
- Financial management ability
- A hardworking, co-operative manner
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional English and a second language would be preferable
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures
- A developmental approach to staff
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
· Reference: LS-64765-1811
· Salary: Salary: R8,500 – R10,500 cost to company less deductions
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Limpopo
· Date Posted: 18 Oct 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge