DIRECTOR, KAMOKA BUSH SCHOOL DEPUTY DIRECTOR, KAMOKA BUSH SCHOOL . The Rector invites applications for these positions, which are available from 1 January 2015. Kamoka Bush School is situated on a game farm in the Waterberg near Modimolle, Limpopo. Kamoka was established as a residential outdoor education facility by St Stithians College in 2011. The Bush School runs outdoor education camps for students from St Stithians and other schools. St Stithians seeks to appoint a Director and a Deputy Director who will live on the property and lead Kamoka Bush School into the next phase of its existence.
Director, Kamoka Bush School: Reporting to the Rector of St Stithians
College as a member of the College Executive Committee, the Director of Kamoka Bush School will:
- Have significant experience in outdoor education, preferably as a qualified teacher with substantial management experience.
Be passionate about the benefits and value of an outdoor education curriculum.
- Represent and promote the philosophy and values of Kamoka Bush School.
- Take responsibility for financial and facilities management, policy implementation, and effective administration.
- Develop and manage a programme of outdoor education.
- Market Kamoka Bush School.
- Build positive relationships with all stakeholders at Kamoka, St Stithians College and partner schools.
- Employ and manage Kamoka staff members.
- Take responsibility for student pastoral care and discipline.
Deputy Director, Kamoka Bush School: Reporting to the Director of Kamoka Bush School, the Deputy Director will:
- Assist the Director and assume overall responsibility as Acting Director when the Director is off site.
- Have significant experience of and ability to manage operations, facilities and logistics.
- Maintain the buildings, grounds, services, vehicles, equipment, and sites of programme activities.
- Take responsibility for health and safety provision for students and staff.
- Create efficiencies and promote ‘green’ approaches in the use of energy, water and waste.
- Assist with the delivery of the outdoor education curriculum.
- Build positive relationships with all stakeholders.
Depending on their respective skill sets and strengths, the roles of the Director and Deputy Director will complement each other, and may be interchangeable where appropriate. The current occupants of these positions are a married couple, and a similar arrangement would be preferred, but not essential. Staff housing is provided at the Bush School, and meals are supplied to the staff while camps are in session.
Applicants are requested to email a full Curriculum Vitae, together with a letter of motivation to:
The Rector, St Stithians College Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date for applications: 3 October 2014
ST STITHIANS COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St Stithians College within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
· Reference: LS-68711-2209
· Salary: Negotiable
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Limpopo
· Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014
· Employer type: Educational