"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
To effectively assist in managing the property and team to ensure the success of the business by the level of standards and services given. To operate in accordance with company policy and objectives whilst maximising profitability in line with budget and effective development of the business
Identify meaningful and sustainable projects at neighbouring villages
Repairs and maintenance
Setting up preventative maintenance schedules for vehicles, generators, pumps, solar equipment and general equipment
Assist with check-in and check-out of guests and co-ordinate arrangements for arrivals for the day. Briefing on arrival and Room orientations
Ensure that all guest activities have been planned and communicated to the various departments.
Hosting guests throughout the day along with the GM, Guest Services and Butlers to ensure guests expectations are being met.
Assist in administration functions including, accounts, inventory, sales, reservations, orders, resupply, invoicing, stock control, control and management of budgets and reports.
Assist in completing annual performance reviews for all staff.
Check in on a daily basis with the reservations office for any amendments to the bookings
Assisting with HR duties of all staff members including the attendance register, Leave allocations and general day to day management of permanent and casual staff.
HR matters to be in line with company policies and guidelines.
Conduct regular meetings with staff.
Ensure that staff are working safely at all times and that they are complying with health and safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
Encourage initiatives from staff members.
Instill a culture of “guests first” in all staff members.
Follow Company policies and procedures.
Motivate and empower staff.
Develop strong relationships with the staff.
Supply full back up to staff.
Show care, compassion and respect for all of your colleagues.
Encourage an attitude of openness and honesty amongst the staff. Discourage gossip and small talk. It is counter-productive.
Ensure a standard of service excellence is maintained and contribute with a hands-on approach with day-to-day operations. Display strong diplomacy, interpersonal and guest liaison skills. Be patient and have good organizational skills.
Focus on a personalized guest experience is essential
Regular walk about at the camp to be done to check on general appearance and standard of maintenance.
Do regular spot checks at back of house to ensure a high standard of neatness and cleanliness is maintained.
Check on rooms prior to guest arrival to ensure that room is up to standard and ready for occupation.
Work with Housekeepers, FOH, Maintenance, Kitchen to ensure we are maintaining a consistently high standard.
Service controls in the areas of waiting tables and serving guests, house-keeping, personal hygiene, cleanliness, waste disposal, laundry, stock control and cost management, ordering of stock, stock rotation, preventative maintenance of vehicles, general camp maintenance, interaction with guests, food presentation and setting of menus and computer literacy.
Other management functions will include waste management as well as overseeing the running of stores and stock management including gas, fuel, dry goods, perishable items, beverages, cleaning materials, medical supplies, accessories, curio items, uniforms and spare parts used for maintenance and repairs of equipment.
Ensure that a very high standard of service, cleanliness and maintenance is kept at all times.
You will be instrumental in the developmental approach to staff and staff training within all departments.
Act as a central control point in any emergency situation.
Ensure that all staff are aware of and know what to do in any emergency as per the “Emergency Response Plan”.
Report any hazards identified and all actions you have taken.
Constantly search for new ideas to enhance guest enjoyment and experience
A strong mild mannered Leader, who works fluently with General Manager
5 years of More in Private high end Camps across Africa, preferably understanding the Five star Lodge business model.
this is non gender related, focussed on the relevant skill sets get the very finest
asst. camp manager out there.
Maturity vital and the ability to have a clear passion for hosting and working with small groups of professional Lodge staff crucial.
· Reference: LS-76700-2012 · Salary: Dep on exp. · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 20 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Looking for a single hard working lady doing Management / bookings for Lodges.
Need to know Booking. com and Nightbridge.
Tourism experience, telephone and emails.
Long hours required.
Need to have experience.
We are looking for a hard working lady with sober habbits.
Positions is for reliable hard working single lady. We looking for lady's that can grow with us and become part of our family. The person will be responsible to handle all at lodge from Point A to Point Z The bus stops with you!!
Long hours required and this is only for someone that want to work and make the work hers.
Looking forward to hear from you.
PLEASE DO NOT PHONE
· Reference: LS-76691-1909 · Salary: Dep on exp. · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 19 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
We are a 5 star Lodge (sleeps 12), specializing in foreign clients, seeking an experienced (at least 3 years experience), energetic, vibrant individual with a certificate in Hospitality, to fill our Lodge Manger position, who has excellent people, telephone, office, food & beverage, housekeeping, maintenace experience. This is your oportunity to live your dream. Should you be interested please forward your Resume to kwazulugame@gmail. com and we will contact you.
Will be responsible for the management of the operational area in such a manner that customer satisfaction is achieved.
Assist with queries and guests complaints - management on duty.
Effective management of all staff
Create and maintain relationship with guests.
Responsible for the management of the entire establishment in the absence of the GM
Minimum of 3 years experience as a Duty Manager, as well as a minimum of 3 years experience in an Operations Management position in a 4/5 Star Hotel Should be experienced within all different areas of a Hotel Polite, friendly person with a strong personality that can think on their feet Well spoken and well presented individual Strong leader who have been in charge of employees before Must have grade 12 and be computer literate Previous experience on Opera and Micros would be an advantage Formal hospitality degree/diploma preferable
· Reference: LS-76612-1309 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 13 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Assist General Manager with tasks as given from time to time and work closely with the General Manager on projects.
Stand in for General Manager in his absence. Candidate should have strong practical lodge operational skills, this should include knowledge on general maintenance, front office, housekeeping, guest services and lodge logistics.
Food and Beverage related operations must be the major attribute of the prospective candidate, developing relevant new experiences for our guests.
Enforcing efficient and accurate stock and operating equipment controls Developing Food and Beverage staff and help improving our sustainable business practices
Assist General Manager planning and submit annual budget. The prospective candidates must have relevant qualifications, have worked internationally (East African countries would be advantages) in a similar position, be mature and enjoy working in a remote bush environment, understand, and have the necessary initiative to deal with day to day challenges this environment presents.
Skills/Requirements: MUST HAVE A HOSPITALITY OR GAME LODGE MGT
1) Applicant must have own 4x4 transport, accommodation is about 500m away from lodge in a National Park with lots of wildlife. 2)Applicant must enjoy interacting with guests. 3)Open Employment contract 4) Career growth opportunity in company
DIPLOMA IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A VISA, SEND PHOTO WITH APPLICATION
Police clearance also has to be done for Visa
1) Salary P 30 000 per month gross (+- us$ 2580. 00)
2) Two return flights Kasane - JHB per year
3) 50% Medical aid paid by company on company approved med aid.
4) Get staff bed night privileges at lodge and in the Desert & Delta group.
5) Full board - employee will be provided with house that consists of 1 bedroom, one bathroom, lounge (with furnishing), open plan kitchen with fridge & stove (+ basic utensils).
6) Laundry service for uniform, private clothing, linen (provided) twice weekly maid service.
Applicant must understand that this is a single position - we do not provide for family employment.
· Reference: LS-76602-1203 · Salary: Pula 30 000 ++++ · Country: Botswana · Province: · Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Mwagusi safari camp in Ruaha National Park is looking for a camp manager who is able to run all the aspects of a safari camp operation. The office is on the camp premises in a beautiful and well located setting. The manager will be involved in the day-to-day running of the office which includes the accounting, booking system, invoicing clients and tour operators, taxing, and analysing monthly financials. In addition they will oversee catering, housekeeping, supplies and orders, all logistics, hosting and activities co-ordination. They will assist the other managers with General Maintenance, workshop and the Guide School. They will be in charge of Human Resources and oversee a team of up to 40 staff. The manager needs to be a highly flexible individual who is good with numbers and financials but also creative and dynamic - one who can take the initiative and complete tasks, who is well organised, can manage staff very well and who has experience in hosting a high end international clientèle. The company will provide the necessary paperwork in order to obtain a work permit if the applicants is a non-Tanzanian citizen. The commitment requested is for at least two seasons. Shorter commitments will not be considered.
The skills required for this position will be evaluated on the base of the references produced. Financial/accounting, (Pastel experience an advantage) and or office administration experience necessary as well as proficiency with spreadsheets. Staff management and organisation skills also required.
· Reference: LS-76601-1203 · Salary: $1 800 + full board and accommodation · Country: South Africa · Province: · Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Description: A Five Star Game Lodge based in the Eastern Cape is looking for an Assistant General Manager. This Private Game Reserve is home to a beautiful tented camp with distinctive charm and character. This camp is not electrified and runs on gas. Be a part of a dynamic and energetic team. You will be required to manage a small team of staff.
Manage a small team of staff
Tertiary qualification preferably a degree or diploma in Hospitality / Tourism, Game Lodge management
Management experience in luxury camp environment an advantage
Dealing with camp maintenance, staff, orders and stock control
Experience and ability to train staff
Fully computer literate
Proficient in English, (ability to communicate in foreign languages are an advantage)
Enthusiasm, passion and energy
Need to be mature in character, well presented and spoken
Be responsible, able to work under pressure and unsupervised
Good guest relations
Good references and good work experience in a big 5 area.
Tertiary qualification preferably a degree or diploma in Hospitality / Tourism, Game Lodge management
Previous lodge management experience
If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
· Reference: LS-76600-1202 · Salary: R13 000 - R15 000 Negotiable depending on experience Live in, meals, uniforms and good gratuities · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Description: To assist in managing the Daily Hotel Operations in such a manner as to enhance the reputation of the establishment, to the satisfaction of the General Manager/Operations Manager, assisting in achieving the required departmental profit margins and at all times bearing in mind the comfort and well being of all guests.
General Manager/Operations Manager
Key performance areas:
- To circulate regularly in all areas of the hotel, maintaining a high profile with guests and staff.
- To ensure the efficient running of all departments, achieving the desired guest satisfaction results
- To ensure excellent hygiene standards in all departments.
- To ensure discreet but effective security in all areas.
- To ensure that all department heads maintain a high standard of motivation and morale within their respective departments and that they are practising fair and equitable employee relations.
- In conjunction with the General Manager/Operations Manager, to monitor and control profit margins in all departments, ensuring that they are consistently met or exceeded without adversely affecting quality or the overall guest experience.
- To conduct regular performance appraisals with all managers reporting to you, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is affected.
- To ensure that all line managers are conducting regular performance appraisals with their staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
- To take an active interest in the welfare and development of staff in order to improve continuously the motivation of all staff, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- To ensure that all department heads are aware of sound health and safety practices and that they are complying with these requirements within their own areas.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, to ensure that all policies relating to staff recruitment, training, discipline and/or counselling, staff welfare, remuneration, etc. are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure correct and timeous preparation of all Operational reports for presentation to the General Manager/Operations Manager.
- To devote all working efforts for the good of the hotel and not accept any other business commitments without written permission.
- To attend/drive Head of Department meetings, training meetings, Front of House meetings as requested, and on a regular basis, ensure that all HOD's are holding departmental meetings to ensure all staff are briefed on forthcoming events and standard changes.
- To ensure that all equipment and stock is counted on a monthly basis. To ensure there are no stock losses and that stock levels are adjusted to suit the business needs.
- Assume Duty management shifts when required in line with the established Duty management schedules and criteria.
- To monitor the efficient rostering of all staff in accordance with forcusted business and current budgets.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Manager concerning maintenance in all areas to be carried out and check work completed.
- To be aware of the need to control costs and conserve energy in line with the hotel's budget and business forecast, and take necessary steps to fulfill this task.
- To carry out any reasonable duty requested by General Manager/Operations Manager.
Skills/Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
- At least 5 years' experience within the hotel/lodge/ property industry in Hotel Operations.
- 2 years at Management Level
- Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with several hotel operation systems
- Skilful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks. Personal skills:
- Highly managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result driven Flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Possible night shifts
- Weekend, Sunday and public holiday shifts.
· Reference: LS-76585-1108 · Salary: R25,000 - R35,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 11 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
We are now accepting applications for a Manager or Management Couple - people with drive and passion for the industry, the ability to lead the team of our boutique hotel and to maintain our standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Ensure and maintain a hands on customer services delivery
Maintain the standards
Drive, manage and report on all operations of the boutique hotel
Drive revenue, monitor and control expenses and use of resources
Continuous improvement and innovation of our service delivery
Organize and supervise all staff; manage and control performance appraisals and training.
The ideal person/s should have good interpersonal and communication skills, have good product knowledge, be guest centric, team players and have a keen eye for detail. The position requires that the candidates have a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent, 5 years' experience in management positions within a 5* environment. Must have a valid driver's license with PDP. A working knowledge of MS Office, Opera, Micros or similar systems, as well as front office, butler, concierge and guest relations skills. A Hospitality qualification; and knowledge of SAP, Guest Connect, Jarrison and Concept will be advantageous.
CLOSING DATE: 13 July 2017
· Reference: LS-76529-0702 · Salary: tba · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1234
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Housekeeper Supervisor - Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on expSupervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in lodge as well as tidiness and to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained throughout the lodge.. Read More & apply
Front Office And Reservations - Hartbeespoortdam
Salary: R5 000 dep on exp. We need someone with good people and telephone skills to handle telephone, walk ins and email booking enquiries, as well as other FOH functions.Read More...
Field Guide - Johannesburg/Kruger
Salary: Neg dep on exp and qualifications. Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 1 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment.Read More...
Senior Chef - Stanford
Salary: Dep on experience. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced chef who is enthusiastic, hard working with a passion for creating exciting food.Read More...
Direct Sales Consultant - Cape Town City Centre
Salary:Dep on Experience + Comm. One of the largest Adventure Tour Companies in Africa is seek a dynamic and experienced person to join their vibrant team of DIRECT SALES consultants. Read More...