"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
DURBAN - Guesthouse requires Manager to run the Day-to-Day operations. MUST BE ZULU AND UNDERSTAND THE ZULU CULTURAL TRADITIONS Send CV and Photo
Experience in boutique 5* environments where attention to detail and customer comfort are of paramount concern. At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position within this type of niche environment. Relevant hospitality qualification. Overall management of the day to day operations of the hotel with a major focus on guest interaction and satisfaction Overseeing all departments - food and beverage, housekeeping, maintenance etc. The ability to motivate this small, close-knit team. The ability to continually “raise the bar” in terms of standards and guest offerings. Hotel Management qualification. Must have drivers License and own car
· Reference: LS-69158-2108 · Salary: R44 000 Neg · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 21 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Guest House / Bed & Breakfast
For visual impact, recreational variety and luxurious splendour, Champagne Castle Hotel is pretty close to being an ultimate experience. Situated within the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg World Heritage Site in the Central Drakensberg, this 4-star hotel is celebrated for its feeling of warmth and personal service. We are looking for an energetic young Reception Manager who is also responsible for all aspects of Banqueting as the hotel is a renowned wedding venue and also offers small conferences.
- Grade 12, formal 3-year hotel diploma or minimum of 5 years working experience in a 4 or 5* hotel. In addition to the above, a further minimum 2 years working experience in a 4 or 5* hotel in a junior management position is required.
- Experience with Banqueting essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. The position requires a strong ability to communicate extensively in writing in response to general communication and social media.
- Excellent numerical and administration skills.
- Attention to detail absolutely essential.
- The candidate needs to be well- presented, well-spoken, professional and friendly at all times.
- Demonstrated management skills; good judgment, common sense, strong sense of initiative and ability to handle pressure well.
- The ability to display a high degree of professionalism and integrity as befitting a member of management.
- Excellent guest relation skills including the ability to deal with difficult guests.
- Excellent staff relation skills required i.e. a team player but the ability to discipline staff when necessary.
- Excellent computer literacy skills including a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite and a recognized hotel package.
This is a single live-in position which includes a unit fully equipped with lounge/bedroom/bathroom with TV, tea/coffee making facilities, all meals and laundry.
The position involves shifts and flexible hours including weekends and public holidays.
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Start and end dates for all previous employment
- Certificates and written references
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
· Reference: LS-69138-1911 · Salary: TBD · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 19 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
We are looking for an experienced, friendly, professional person (male or female) for Front Office / Administration Manager at an 8 bedroomed, upmarket beach lodge and yacht charter company. The job is varied.
managing the online, computerized reservation system
check in / check out procedures
coordinating airport transfers
basic financial management
invoicing and payments
meet and greet on arrival
interact with guests and assist as restaurant Maitre D'
oversee quality control of accommodation units and supervise the cleaning staff
This is a live in position with accommodation and meals provided.
Must have a tertiary education with a background of accounts.
Must have experience working on computerized reservation systems.
Hotel training an advantage.
Past experience in the hospitality industry essential.
Must have excellent communication skills.
Must speak fluent English.
A second European language an advantage.
Must be confidently able to interact with international clients.
Must be clean living and professional, well groomed, in good health.
Must be trustworthy, with a proven track record of reliability, honesty and integrity.
Must be willing to relocate to a beautiful but remote area.
Position available from February 2015.
· Reference: LS-57646-2105 · Salary: R16,000.00 NETT per month. Live-in · Country: Malawi · Province: · Date Posted: 15 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
An upmarket Game Lodge situated just outside of Mosselbay in the Western Cape.
Duties will include the following:
The general role of the Lodge Manager for the Lodges to ensure the overall guest experiences in all aspects of the Lodge are as per the prescribed standard and to the highest degree.
To ensure that every aspect of the Guests stay is well taken care of, encompassing Families activities and programs, Honeymoon couples, Groups, Weddings, Home Owners or standard travellers staying with us.
This involves overseeing the departments at the Lodge that impact directly on the guests stay including:
The Lodge Manager will liaise directly on a daily and weekly basis with all HOD’s on guest movement requests and special needs.
The Lodge Manager will work closely with the Head Ranger, Head Chef and Security to ensure the overall product offering for the Lodge is presented professionally and accurately.
Benefits will include Accommodation & Meals on Duty.
Relevant Hospitality Management qualifications are an advantage.
The candidate must have the following skills:
Experienced in upmarket Game Lodge Management.
· Reference: LS-69082-1401 · Salary: R15000 Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 14 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Mpumalanga – Upmarket, trendy bistro coffee shop offering A la carte menu situated within Busy Shopping complex seeks suitably qualified Chef to manage kitchen operations as well as front of house management.
Ensuring all culinary requirements are attended to as well as full front of house management of the restaurant, staff and related administration.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for all staffing issues, recruitment, training and rostering.
He/ She will be required to implement menu items and train all staff in kitchen on the preparation, plating and presentation thereof, whilst ensuring that costings and related administration are inline with budget.
Quality control will form an essential function of this position.
He/ she will be responsible for all stock management including purchasing, issuing, rotation and stock take.
Excellent financial skills required here as this person will be responsible for all reporting functions from cashing up of waiters to ensuring banking and related admin is in line.
Excellent people skills required as this person will be responsible for management of front of house when welcoming patrons, attending to queries, complaints and requests for functions or outside catering.
Marketing skills required to ensure that this Bistro Styled restaurant becomes the place to be seen. Retails Hours apply!
Requirements as set out by our client include:
Grade 12 (matric)
Tertiary culinary qualification from a reputable culinary institution
Minimum of 5-8 yrs previous working experience in the capacity of Executive chef in an A la carte Dining environment as well as exposure to high volume buffet dining with previous experience in running a small, intimate restaurant offering A la carte dining
Excellent administrative ability in regards to costing and maintaining recipes
Excellent leadership and management skills
Must be computer literate on MS Office Suites as well as a reputable Point of Sales system such as Panstrat or similar
Please send through a copy of your qualifications obtained with a head and shoulders photograph of yourself.
· Reference: LS-69081-1412 · Salary: R20 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 14 Oct 2014 · Employer type: Restaurant
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1234
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Management Couple - Malawi
Salary: R25,000.00 NET. live in - Malawi . We are looking for a couple to co-manage an 8 bedroomed, upmarket lakeside lodge and yacht charter company on the shores of Lake Malawi. Read More & apply
F&B Manager - Sossusvlei
Salary: Neg. Amazing dessert life for you? A Game farm in Sossusvlei is looking for a F&B Manager, min 3 yrs experience, a Namibian citizen and fluent in German. Read More...
Spa Therapist - Mpumalanga
Salary: R4.5K-R5.5K. Live in with 10% commission. 3 yrs exp in a similar up-market environment essential, Exp in reflexology and aromatherapy is non-negotiable. ITEC or CIDESCO certifications and a National Diploma in Health and Skin Care are required to take on this position. Read More...
Head Guide - Zambia
Salary: TBD. Head guide required to head up a team of 10 guides at Chongwe Safaris. To bring discipline and structure to team, large fleet of vehicles, boats and canoes. Implement ongoing training and enrich guests activity experience. Read More...
Executive Chef - Limpopo
Salary: R25K-R30K. Minimum of 5 years in an Executive Chef position with relevant qualifications, Excellent Kitchen management skills, Exp in cooking for large numbers of 650 pax, Exp in running a kitchen with at least 60 staff, Strong controls & procurement skills, Menu planning & innovation. Read More...