"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
A 4* Boutique Hotel, Restaurant and Conference Centre situated in Sandton.
Six day per week position, 6am - 2pm or 2pm - 10pm. General Head chef duties will apply. Previous experience within a similar role essential.
Professional Cookery/Culinary Arts Diploma is essential. (Internationally qualified an advantage but not essential). OWN TRANSPORT essential.
This candidate needs to have the following skills: Strong HACCAP and Hygiene standards and controls. Exceptional Leadership skills. Ability to lead a team effectively. Will report directly to the Owner who is also a chef by trade (Trained in UK). Excellent Menu Planning, Ordering, Stock Control and Budgeting skills required. Ability to manage team, service and stock effectively. 10 Plus years experience as a chef required. (Seeking mature individual - 30+)
· Reference: LS-71760-0609 · Salary: R16 000 Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
A catering and bakery equipment company is looking for a demonstration/training chef to be based at the Johannesburg office and will be presenting equipment to potential customers / executive chefs. Essential requirements:-
- Qualified chef and EXPERIENCED Hotel Chef - minimum level of Sous Chef), able to communicate with executive chefs on the same level.
- Well presented, appearance is extremely important.
- Excellent presentation ability and good public speaking skills
- Self starter able to plan own events and run own sales program, liaising with the sales team.
- Own vehicle essential and drivers licence
- This is not an operations position but a sales / demonstration role Only candidates with the above specific experience need apply. Applicants who do not have the essential requirements, will not be contacted or communicated with. No skype or telephonic interviews will be given and candidates must be able to attend an interview in person. Open to South African citizens only or non citizens who hold valid South African Permanent Residence
· Reference: LS-71742-3005 · Salary: R20 000 + CAR ALLOWANCE · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Retailer
A 41 Roomed Hotel situated in Bantry Bay, Western Cape
The Hotel offers a full service Breakfast in the Restaurant. Light Bistro Style Lunches in the Restaurant and on the Pool Terrace and offers only a room service Dinner Offering. The Chef/F&B Manager will be responsible for the Preparation of meals, menu planning, stock control and ordering (For Kitchen and Bars), training of cooks and waiters and barmen. Daily management of service levels, budgets, wastage management, hygiene, etc. Previous experience within similar position essential.
Relevant Hospitality, Culinary and/or Food Service Management Qualifications are a strong advantage.
This candidate needs to have the following skills: Excellent Cooking skills. Strong Bar/Beverage/Restaurant and Kitchen Management Skills. Organized and efficient working methods. Strong Overall Knowledge and experience within Food Service (To include kitchen) and actual Cooking Skill.
Benefits Negotiable. Growth potential within the group.
· Reference: LS-71736-2912 · Salary: R18 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Position for a Head Chef available. Must be familiar with the general management of kitchen, health & food safety. Previous experience in catering for wedding and functions from 200 - 400 pax required. Must have a passion to teach and inspire fellow staff members. Preparing from starters to desserts, plated and buffet. Must be able to handle this stressful environment and enjoy it.
· Reference: LS-69646-0904 · Salary: +- R10 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 26 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Conference Venue
We are seeking an enthusiastic people's person to fill the position of Assistant Junior Manager at our award winning establishment in St Francis Bay. We offer dinners, guided walks, high teas, frog safaris, as well as cater for various other functions. Either experience as a guide or kitchen background would be advantageous. Drivers license and own transport a must. Computer literate and familiar with the Semper PMS.
Duties will include :
Maintaining and overseeing the daily preparation of the country house and surrounds, including the rooms.
Guest check-ins, billing, check-outs, reservations and general reception duties.
Hosting of guests
Stock control and orders for housekeeping and bars.
Assisting with all activities associated with the general running of this upmarket establishment
Accommodation will be provided in a furnished or unfurnished house on the property. Fuel allowance, meals on duty etc included. The individual needs to be a happy people's person that is serious about growing within the business.
The successful applicant needs to have the following skills :
Articulate and well-spoken in English.
Immaculate personal appearance and presentation.
Results orientated and resourceful.
An acute eye for detail and perfection.
A proven track record of success and at least 3 - 5 years experience in the lodge hospitality industry.
The ability and expereince to provide an intimate and personalised service to guests within an exclusive Country House environment.
Code 8 licence plus valid PdP
A guiding qualification (FGASA Level 1) will be an asset or a qualification in food preparation
· Reference: LS-71730-2407 · Salary: R5 000 plus other benefits · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Guest House / Bed & Breakfast
A beautiful upmarket Beach Hotel situated in Plettenberg Bay overlooking the Robberg Peninsula.
General Chef de Partie duties will apply. Preparation and presentation of plated meals. Assist with Menu Planning, Stock Control, Orders, Wastage and Hygiene Management, etc.
Experience within similar role preferred.
Professional Cookery Diploma is essential. (Fine dining)
This candidate needs to have the following skills: Must have a flair for production and presentation of plated meals. (Fine Dining Quality Presentation) Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills. Ability to work well within a team and be responsible enough to work independently when required.
Benefits Include: Accommodation on site. Meals on Duty.
· Reference: LS-71730-2103 · Salary: R6 500 - R8 000 Meals on Duty. · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
An Upmarket Conference and Leisure Hotel situated close to Thaba Nchu in the Freestate.
General Chef de Partie duties will apply. Previous experience within similar role essential.
Professional Cookery Diploma is a strong advantage.
This candidate needs to have the following skills: Experienced within a similar position within a structured Hotel environment. Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills. Strong Banqueting and A la Carte Skills. Ability to fit well within a team and work well under a Sous Chef/Head Chef.
Benefits will include: Acommodation on the property is provided.
· Reference: LS-71714-2112 · Salary: R6000-R9000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Freestate · Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 123456
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Conservation Manager - Southern Botswana
Salary: P5 000 - P9 000 dep on exp. A private NGO Nature Reserve in Botswana is looking for a Conservation Manager to manage all aspects of the Reserve's conservation activities. Read More & apply
Pastry Chef - Western Cape (Hout Bay)
Salary: R6 000 – R9 000 dep on exp. 5* establishment is looking for a Pastry Chef to manage the pastry/cold section on their own and be responsible for all produce in this section.Read More...
Head Guide - Hoedspruit
Salary: Negotiable dep on exp. A Game farm / Lodge is looking for a FGASA L2 guide to conduct game drives upon reserve, allocation of guides, hosting of guests, guests transfers. Read More...
Executive Chef - Limpopo Vaalwater
Salary: R 10 000 dep on exp. Executive Chef for 5* lodge in the Waterberg / Vaalwater area. Read More...
Spa Therapist - 1.5hrs from Cape Town
Salary:R6500 + Commission. 5* resort hotel with busy spa seeks an experienced spa Therapist. Read More...