"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
A new 5 star tented lodge is opening at Kariega Game Reserve in December. We seek an experienced head chef to co-ordinate and manage all culinary requirements for the 18 bed lodge, and assist the Lodge Managers where needed FOH. If your passion is creating 5 star cuisine in the tranquility of the bush, if your dream is to assist in the final set up of a brand new kitchen – this is the position for you!!
- We are looking for you to join the new team for the final stage of the lodge construction
- Previous experience as head chef at a game reserve preferred
- Strong admin skills and computer literacy to be able to manage your own orders and stock control
- Strong management skills to be able to run, motivate and train junior kitchen staff
- Run a cost-effective and efficient kitchen
- Experience in the design and presentation of a 5 star a la carte menu whilst incorporating traditional African flavors both for lodge dining as well as dining out in the bush
- Strong people skills to liaise with guests
- Ability to host the lodge as Assistant Lodge Manager
- Must be willing to live in a remote area
· Reference: LS-67979-1512 · Salary: Negotiable, based on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 15 Jul 2024 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Busy 4* corporate hotel with 450 plus rooms seeks an experienced Exec Sous Chef currently holding the same position in a large 300 roomed 4* hotel or a current Executive Chef working in a 250 roomed 4* hotel. Must have strong a la carte skills, be up to date with modern food trends and plating finesse, good kitchen hygiene skills and excellent motivational as well as staff management skills. Qualification and minimum 4 years experience required at the same level in recognised 4* hotels with over 300 rooms.
Applicants who do not have the above specific hospitality management experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! Open to South African citizens only or non citizens with a valid work permit/visa.
· Reference: LS-68006-1605 · Salary: R27 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 · Employer type: Hotel
A very busy farm style venue with two restaurants seeks to employ a dynamic sous chef to manage the kitchens. Must have buffet and a al carte experience.
Business operates during day, no night time trading. Please send a complete conscise cv with full dates and descriptions of jobs held.
· Reference: LS-67579-1210 · Salary: R15 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 12 Jun 2016 · Employer type: Estate
A Busy corporate conference centre seeks an experienced Executive Chef with Matric, Culinary Diploma / City & Guilds Qualification and 3 – 4 years’ experience in a similar position at a 4-5* hotel. Duties will include all food production to the current food trends, management of a kitchen. Procurement experience, kitchen stock control and cost control. Must have strong administrative abilities with regards to costing & budget compilations etc. Applicants who do not have the above specific corporate or hotel experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! Open to South African citizens only or non citizens with a valid work permit/visa. Assessments, personal interviews and cook-offs will apply
· Reference: LS-68122-2308 · Salary: NEG · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 23 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Conference Venue
- The preparation, presentation and service of food items for guests and staff standardised recipes, to quality standards set by the Executive chef. - To ensure that all food storage, preparation and service of all foods meet the standards set by the executive chef. - Assistance in ensuring all foods are prepared as close as possible to service times. - Assistance in ensuring that all menu items, are available in service areas throughout service times. - To assist in doing orders, liasing with the executive chef to ensure that adequate food items are available to produce the appropriate menu items. - To inform the executive chef/maintenace of any malfunction of catering equipment. - Ensuring the kitchen and dining room areas are secured at the end of the evening and all equipment is switched off and secure - Ensuring the kitchen and restaurant areas are unlocked at the start of the early shift. - Ensuring all areas in the kitchen are covered if shortages of staff. - Economic and careful use of equipment, including knives, whisks, electric mixers, food processors, microwave and pressure steamers. - Maintaining a neat and tidy appearance at all times, observing standards of personal hygiene. - Ensure the outer kitchen doors are kept closed at all times. - Undertake light cleaning duties to maintain a tidy, clean and hygienic work environment. - Such other duties as may be required from time to time which are consistent with the grade of the post
Rotational work schedule. Comfortable in Pastry and Hot Kitchen. (Pastry skills would be an advantaged).
Skills/Requirements: Minimum of 1 year active working experience as chef de partie in an internationally recognised property or establishment. Fine dine experience a la carte service required. Good communication and work well under pressure. Computer literacy an advantage!
· Reference: LS-26267-2507 · Salary: neg · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Polokwane – 5* hotel (popular leisure and business destination) seeks suitably qualified and experienced Executive Chef to oversee all culinary requirements for the 3 dining outlets on site. Duties include:-
Overall management of all kitchen operations
Staff management, development and training
Roster compilation, management of leave schedule
Stock management: purchasing, issuing, stock rotation, stock rotation
Menu compilation for various restaurants, weddings, conferences and events
Costings, management of cost of sales
Kitchen hygiene and cleanliness
Grade 12 (matric)
Tertiary culinary qualification from a reputable culinary institution
Minimum of 5-8 yrs previous working experience in the capacity of Executive chef in an A la carte Dining environment
Experience in running functions for up to 250 pax
Excellent administrative ability in regards to costing and maintaining recipes
Excellent leadership and management skills
Please send through a copy of your qualifications obtained with a head and shoulders photograph of yourself.
· Reference: LS-68094-2212 · Salary: R20 000 - 30 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Experienced and qualified Executive Chef required for Hotel in Polokwane. The successful candidate would be responsible for the overall management of the kitchen. The candidate will also be required to maintain and implement hygiene standards and to take control of stock takes and staff training.
• Minimum of 5-8 years experience in an Executive chef position in a formal Restaurant / Hotel
• Strong personality that can think on their feet and work under pressure;
• Well spoken and well presented individual;
• Excellent leadership and management skills;
• Must have excellent administrations skills and must be highly organised;
• Must have grade 12;
• Formal cooking degree/diploma preferable;
• Experience in running functions of up to 250 pax;
• Must be able to work under pressure;
• Must be able to create, cost and maintain recipes;
• Must have strong general knowledge of food and kitchen procedures;
· Reference: LS-68095-2212 · Salary: R20 000.00 - R30 000.00 live out · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Experienced and qualified Executive Sous Chef required for hotel in Polokwane. The successful candidate would be required to assist with the management of the kitchen together with the executive chef. The candidate will also be required to maintain and implement hygiene standards and assist with stock takes and staff training.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Executive Sous chef position in a formal Restaurant / Hotel.
• Strong personality that can think on their feet and work under pressure.
• Well spoken and well presented individual.
• Strong leader who have been in charge of employees before.
• Must have grade 12.
• Formal cooking degree/diploma preferable.
• Experience in running functions of up to 250 pax at a five star level.
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be able to create, cost and maintain recipes.
• Must have strong general knowledge of food and kitchen procedures
· Reference: LS-68096-2201 · Salary: R15 000.00 - R20 000.00 live out · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Polokwane – 5* hotel (popular leisure and business destination) seeks suitably qualified and experienced Executive Sous Chef to assist with the management of culinary requirements for the 3 dining outlets on site. Duties include:-
• Assist with daily kitchen operations
• Staff management, development and training
• Roster compilation, management of leave schedule
• Stock management, purchasing, issuing of stock, stock ration and stock take
• Assist with menu compilation for various restaurants, weddings, conferences and events
• Assist with costings, management of cost of sales
• Related administration
• Kitchen hygiene and cleanliness
• Grade 12 (matric)
• Tertiary culinary qualification froma reputable culinary institution
• Minimum of 3 yrs previous experience working in a formal hotel or restaurant (A la carte)
• Experience in running functions of us to 250 pax at a 5* level
• Must be able to create, cost and maintain recipes
• Excellent general knowledge of food and kitchen procedures
• Please send through a copy of your qualifications obtained with a head and shoulders photograph of yourself
· Reference: LS-68097-2201 · Salary: R15 000 - 20 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
A Large Corporate Hotel is bringing in all the Halaal catering onsite and needs a strong chef to run the project.
Duties will include the following: Candidate will be given carte blanche to fully run this spectacular newly built Halaal kitchen with modern equipment. Menu Planning, Stock Control, Ordering of Stock, Training of Staff, Costings and Preparation of Meals. Will work hand in hand with the General Manager to uplift and create SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). Lovely position for someone wanting to make a name for themselves and put their own personal stamp on the establishment.
The candidate must have the following qualifications: Diploma in Professional Cookery.
The candidate must have the following skills: Creative. Passionate about exciting Fine quality Cuisine. Self Motivated. Driven to succeed and make a name for yourself. Able to work under pressure. Previous experience cooking good quality Halaal Food!
· Reference: LS-68108-2108 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12345678
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Chef - Hoedspruit
Salary: Negotiable. Chef required in 4 star game lodge specializing in fine dining. Three meals per day. No cooks need apply - only chefs Read More...
General Management Couple - Northern KZN
Salary: Negotiable on exp. Min 5 yrs in senior management position, Degrees/Diplomas (preferably post graduate), Exp in ecotourism and/or game reserve management Read More...
Salary: Negotiable on exp. Min 5 yrs exp as a head of department/management role in the hotel industry essential, preferably in restaurants/general guest services. Tertiary education hotel management preferred Read More...
Field Giude - Marloth Park
Salary: Negotiable. FGASA level 1, Valid First Aid, PDP license, DEAT/THETA registered, Fluent in English Read More...
Barmen - Sandton
Salary: TBD. 2 yrs exp in a 5 star establishment, Exp with wine and cognac, cigars, Responsible for daily and monthly stocktaking Read More...