"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, itâ€™s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Assistant manager or under management couple required for a small up-market remote lodge. ideally would suit a couple who need a few years experience before running a camp on their own.
He running the guiding/her the kitchen, as well as hosting and general camp running duties
Or an experienced individual with either senior/walking guiding experience, or someone with good Catering experience.
Opportunity for relief management
Personable, sociable and comfortable with International clients. Hosting experience, must be able to work long hours when required. Ideally some walking guiding or Catering experience preferred.
An upmarket 5* Game Lodge situated near Hoedspruit.
Duties will include the following: Menu Planning (The Menu changes daily - Platted fine quality fair), Ordering of Stock, Stock Taking, Pricing and Food Cost Calculations and management, Training of staff, Management of a strong team of chefs. Previous experience within a similar position essential.
Benefits will include Lovely single accommodation with own kitchenette, bathroom, etc.
Qualifications: Professional Cookery Diploma being a strong advantage.
The candidate must have the following skills: Experienced in Fine Dining, Modern Plated Cuisine. The lodge offers fine quality plated breakfasts, lunches and dinners as well as high teas for up to 28 guests daily. Strong Kitchen Administration and Costing Skills. Good Leadership skills. Ability to lead a strong team.
· Reference: LS-68699-1812 · Salary: R12000-R15000 Negotiable · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
If you are passionate about food and have experience in hot kitchen and grilling, reliable and hardworking we would love to hear from you. You will be responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in this kitchen. You should be well organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. You should be able to give orders as well as reliably carry out orders handed down from the Head Chef.
Your primary role therefore is to oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in the Restaurant.
Minimum 4-5 years experience in the kitchen, a chef's qualification and at least 3 years in hot section & grilling (meat and seafood).
· Reference: LS-68651-1511 · Salary: neg · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Sandton - Chef de Cuisine required for Luxury Boutique Hotel
Looking for a young, dynamic and creative chef de cuisine who can bring some excellent Fine Dining Skills to the Hotel. Must have worked in a Fine Dining environment at some stage and must have the desire to put this restaurant and the hotel on the map and get themselves in magazines and IN newspaper articles and generally get known in the industry by the outstanding food.
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-014 · Salary: R 25000 -30000.00 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Johannesburg - Luxury Hotel requires a Chef De Cuisine
Must have formal chef qualification and min 5 years experience in an upmarket environment. Strong on A la Carte and must be exceptionally creative as will be responsible for the fine dining restaurant. Looking for passion, innovation and drive.
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-015 · Salary: R20 000 ctc · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Sandton - To assist in the kitchens of a five star hotel. Ensuring hygiene practices are followed and meals are served to a 5* standard
Professional cookery Diploma .. at least 3 years exp which can include in service .You MUST have worked in an a la carte environment in a four or five start hotel , as well as banqueting .A strong team player with the right attitude will get this position ..
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-016 · Salary: 5000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Zanzibar - Run the well established kitchens of this seaside resort hotel. It gets mainly European guests who expect a very high standard of food especially seafood. You will need to come in and maintain or improve the standards. All kitchen staff are local but have been well trained.
• Professional Tertiary Chefs Qualification , Hard working, passionate, dedicated and committed , Fine- dining/gourmet background, attention to detail , Hands-on kitchen management , Active role in food preparation Menu planning – creating and implementing new dishes as per instructions of the Directors . Ability to calculate food costs and understand kitchen finances . Good computer literacy . Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills . Understanding of kitchen procedures and timing requirements and ability to plan accordingly . Good communication skills Team player. Ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures to the highest levels according to HACCP guidelines. Stock Control. Salary and Benefits: $2500 nett , Full expat benefits including return flight, medical, accommodation and meals .One month’s paid leave per annum. EQUIVALENT TO A R35,000 CTC PACKAGE
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-018 · Salary: $2500 + accom , meals , 1 flight a year · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Parktown near JHB GEN hospital To manage the kitchens of a busy canteen type operation within a University environment . You should be able to manage the preparation of whole , good tasting food for the students on a daily basis in a kitchen that operates 6 days a week. Some function cookery too . You should be very strong on cost controls and competent in all forms of cookery
Professional Cookery Diploma plus at least 5-10 years cookery experience . You should be available some evenings for functions. A strong creative chef who can see past the mundane so that you improve the food offered at a cost effective price for students . Own car and valid drivers license is preferable due to some evenings being worked and minimal transport in area after hours . You must be able to manage a large staff compliment .
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-019 · Salary: R13-16,000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Catering Company
Rustenburg - Executive Chef required for popular and busy hotel
Hotel has a good reputation for its restaurant and food. Looking for a chef who will keep the standards up and take the restaurant to an even better level. Will be a live in position. Seeking a chef with formal qualifications and experience in large and busy hotels or resorts. Must be good on controls, staff training and menu compilation.
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-020 · Salary: neg live in · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Sandton - Head Chef required for busy city Hotel
This person will be the person in charge of the kitchen and responsible/accountable for the day to day running of the entire kitchen. He or she will work mainly day shifts in order to cover breakfast, lunches and plan/prepare for upcoming functions, attend meetings with the F&B Manager and GM. Applicants MUST be very hands on and not office bound.
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-026 · Salary: 18000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1234567
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Chef - Johannesburg
Salary: 15k - 20k. Min 2 yrs exp to develop recipes and design, Formal culinary qualification, training staff and maintaining standards Read More...
Assistant Operations Manager - Strand
Salary: R10K to R12k neg. Tourism experience a must, Willing to work long hours sometimes 7 days a week and on call 24 hours Read More...
Senior Spa Therapist - Hazyview
Salary: Competitive basic, commissions, accom and profit sharing. Min 3 yrs exp, Qualified, A thorough knowledge and indepth understanding of the role of social media, and excellent computer skill Read More...
Management Couple - Pangani District
Salary: To be negotiated. Relevant exp, Knowledge and experience with boats, Some skills in maintenance and repair, Oversight of some ongoing small construction projects Read More...
Junior Manager/Field Guide - Kruger National Park
Salary: Negotiable. Tourism qualification & restaurant experience an advantage, FGASA qualified, drivers licence with PDP Read More...