"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
• To provide an efficient and cost effective food service to the establishment
• Accurate control and management of stock
• Accurate control and management of food cost
• Accurate control and management of assets
• Knowledge of operational standards and procedures of a kitchen including preparation.
• Financial feasibility of menus
• Manage customer/client relationships
• Maintain a good working relationship with the Head chef and ability to take control in the absence of Senior chefs
• To ensure staff training on portion control
• To ensure that hygiene standards are adhered to
• To keep abreast of food/market trends
• Daily monitoring and submission of orders to ensure 0% out of stock on all items within operations – ensure PAR levels check lists in place and adhered to
• Maintaining standards and monitoring at all times on displays and service.
• Check that your venue has cleaning programme in place & being adhered to
• Report all Maintenance and defects/malfunction of equipment to senior management
• To be agile and assist at any adhoc/special functions, which may arise outside of normal working hours.
-At least two years of experience in running a kitchen or similar.
-Must be able to delegate as well as step in and work hard
-Al a carte / banqueting cooking experience
-Shift work and flexibility with hours
-Required to work over time when needed
-English speaking, reading, writing and understanding – good communicator
-Must be of sober habits and clean appearance
-Good knowledge of menu planning and food costing
-Must be a team player as well as firm when needed regarding staff
-Passion for food
· Reference: LS-68153-2810 · Salary: R7 500.00 - R8 500.00 depending on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 28 Jul 2033 · Employer type: Hotel
A new 5 star tented lodge is opening at Kariega Game Reserve in December. We seek an experienced head chef to co-ordinate and manage all culinary requirements for the 18 bed lodge, and assist the Lodge Managers where needed FOH. If your passion is creating 5 star cuisine in the tranquility of the bush, if your dream is to assist in the final set up of a brand new kitchen – this is the position for you!!
- We are looking for you to join the new team for the final stage of the lodge construction
- Previous experience as head chef at a game reserve preferred
- Strong admin skills and computer literacy to be able to manage your own orders and stock control
- Strong management skills to be able to run, motivate and train junior kitchen staff
- Run a cost-effective and efficient kitchen
- Experience in the design and presentation of a 5 star a la carte menu whilst incorporating traditional African flavors both for lodge dining as well as dining out in the bush
- Strong people skills to liaise with guests
- Ability to host the lodge as Assistant Lodge Manager
- Must be willing to live in a remote area
· Reference: LS-67979-1512 · Salary: Negotiable, based on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 15 Jul 2024 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Busy 4* corporate hotel with 450 plus rooms seeks an experienced Exec Sous Chef currently holding the same position in a large 300 roomed 4* hotel or a current Executive Chef working in a 250 roomed 4* hotel. Must have strong a la carte skills, be up to date with modern food trends and plating finesse, good kitchen hygiene skills and excellent motivational as well as staff management skills. Qualification and minimum 4 years experience required at the same level in recognised 4* hotels with over 300 rooms.
Applicants who do not have the above specific hospitality management experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! Open to South African citizens only or non citizens with a valid work permit/visa.
· Reference: LS-68006-1605 · Salary: R27 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020 · Employer type: Hotel
A very busy farm style venue with two restaurants seeks to employ a dynamic sous chef to manage the kitchens. Must have buffet and a al carte experience.
Business operates during day, no night time trading. Please send a complete conscise cv with full dates and descriptions of jobs held.
· Reference: LS-67579-1210 · Salary: R15 000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 12 Jun 2016 · Employer type: Estate
A Guest house and restaurant, recently voted best 4 star guest house in SA seeks 2 x Junior Sous Chefs.
Duties will include the following: To join an existing brigade. New menu planning, presentation and execution of menu items. Please note that you will need to reside in the Vaal area or be willing to relocate to secure this position.
Qualification: Formal Qualification. At least 5 years professional work experience.
The candidate must have the following skills: Fine dining capable. Must be able to manage large numbers.
· Reference: LS-68166-3009 · Salary: R7000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Restaurant
5* Elephant lodge in Hoedspruit. Relais and Chateaux property. Small lodge, 20 guests maximum, with intimate service, bush activities, spa etc. Please note that for this position you will need to do a cook off at the lodge, and facilitate travel there at your own cost. You will be provided with accommodation while on site.
Duties will include the following: You will be responsible for the running of the kitchen when the head chef is off. You will also be responsible for food costing, ordering, training of more junior staff. You must be able to run a kitchen by yourself.
Benefits will include Accommodation, meals, Medical aid after 3 months & pension fund.
The candidate must have the following qualifications: Formal qualification. At least 3 years experience in lodges specifically, and at least 5 years overall professional work experience.
The candidate must have the following skills: Menu planning, food costing. Good planning skills, as the lodge is remote.
· Reference: LS-68164-3009 · Salary: R8000 - R12000 depending on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Limpopo – Upmarket TimeShare resort seeks suitably qualified and experienced Sous Chef.
• Kitchen supervision in absence of Head Chef (all departments)
• Staff management, development and training (including related IR/ HR procedures, rostering, management of leave cycles)
• Stock management (Purchasing, issuing, rotation, stock take and related administration)
• Kitchen hygiene and cleanliness
• Interaction with guests
• Grade 12 (matric)
• Reputable Culinary qualification from a Tertiary Institution
• Minimum of 2-3 yrs previous working experience in the capacity of Sous Chef
• Unendorsed drivers licence
• Computer literate on MS Office suite
Please send through a head and shoulders photograph with your application as well as copies of your qualification.
· Reference: LS-68173-3002 · Salary: R8500 Live in Negotiable +Benefits · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Estate
• Strong leadership & management skills (responsible for approximately 20 Staff)
• Quality and customer service driven
• Ability to work within a pressurized environment
• Good food knowledge and confident cooking skills in fine cuisine
• Innovative thinking and creative/artistic flair , ideas and concepts,
• Fine presentation and plating skills,
• Abreast with updated and knowledgeable in current Culinary and Plating trends
• Well versed in menu engineering and the implementation thereof
• Good knowledge on controlling of kitchen expenses – gas, labour, Operating equipment and maintenance thereof
• Good knowledge on controlling recipe and food costing - wastage, stock rotation, SOP’s
• Hands on management of food quality, presentation, preparation and consistency standards
• Effective communication, problem solving, decision making and conflict management skills and a good understanding of disciplinary processes.
• Ability to use Initiative,
• Be proactive and self driven
• Attention to detail pertaining to food quality, presentation, preparation and portion control
• Managing and maintaining high standard of kitchen hygiene, food storage and work practices
• Good daily planning and forecasting planning skills to meet deadlines with regards to functions, service, operations and administration.
• Experience in managing staff performance, productivity, staff succession planning and development.
• Ability to delegate and empowering staff productively and effectively
• Compliance to workplace policies, rules, procedures and standards
• Training and development
• Time Management
• Financial Management
• Industrial Relation and Performance Management
• Operational Performance and Planning
• Food trends and environment
• Kitchen Hygiene and safety
• Must have a Culinary Diploma or similar plus 3 years experience within a similar operation and level of responsibilities
• South African citizen
• 5 star hotel experience in a similar position highly recommended
• Previous Staff Management experience is essential
• Previous experience in managing a kitchen is essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft packages ( Word, Excel, email )
· Reference: LS-68175-3003 · Salary: Market related (depending on experience) · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Qualified and formally trained Chef with at least 5 years experience at Exec Chef level. Strong banqueting and conferencing background . Fast food outlets and Al La Carte Restaurant Please forward a detailed cv with head & shoulders photo + contactable references (EMAIL Preferred) of recent direct supervisors/employers. Please do not apply unless you have the above experience as unfortunately you will not be considered, nor communicated with.
Industry Related, Organisation and Management, Communication, Planning, Sober Habits.
· Reference: LS-68176-3004 · Salary: Neg · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Leisure Company
A lodge in the North West Province is seeking a Junior Sous Chef for overseeing all the day to day management of kitchen staff to facilitate mis en place and service. Will also be responsible to daily encourage and uplift staff in the fulfillment of their duties. The Junior Sous Chef will also be responsible for ensuring that the operational requirements of the kitchen are met in order to facilitate and exceed expectations of the guests.
Hospitality Qualification/at least 3 years experience in a similar position
· Reference: LS-68178-3005 · Salary: Market Related (Live in + benefits) · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 30 Jul 2014 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 12345678
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Chef - Hoedspruit
Salary: Negotiable. Chef required in 4 star game lodge specializing in fine dining. Three meals per day. No cooks need apply - only chefs Read More...
General Management Couple - Northern KZN
Salary: Negotiable on exp. Min 5 yrs in senior management position, Degrees/Diplomas (preferably post graduate), Exp in ecotourism and/or game reserve management Read More...
Salary: Negotiable on exp. Min 5 yrs exp as a head of department/management role in the hotel industry essential, preferably in restaurants/general guest services. Tertiary education hotel management preferred Read More...
Field Giude - Marloth Park
Salary: Negotiable. FGASA level 1, Valid First Aid, PDP license, DEAT/THETA registered, Fluent in English Read More...
Barmen - Sandton
Salary: TBD. 2 yrs exp in a 5 star establishment, Exp with wine and cognac, cigars, Responsible for daily and monthly stocktaking Read More...