"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
A stunning 5* Exclusive Game Lodge situated on the Welgevonden Game Reserve in the Limpopo Province (3 Hours Drive north of Gauteng).
Duties will include the following: Daily Management of the kitchen. Interacting with Guests. Management of Orders, Menu Planning, Stock Control, Training of Junior Chefs. Staff Management. Management of Kitchen Hygiene.
Benefits will include Accommodation & Meals on duty.
Qualification: Professional Cookery Diploma.
The candidate must have the following skills: 4/5* Game Lodge Cheffing experience required (Upmarket plated style cuisine.) Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills. Hands on. Pro-Active. Must enjoy the bush.
· Reference: LS-70889-2608 · Salary: R12000-R20000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 26 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A 5* game lodge seeks candidate with 4-5* game lodge experience in cheffing / kitchen management. Will be expected to compile menu’s, oversee food production, f&b service and assist in other areas if required. Own transport and drivers licence essential. Applicants who do not have the above specific experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! No skype or telephonic interviews will be given and candidates must be able to attend an interview in person in the Eastern Cape. Open to South African citizens only or non citizens who hold valid South African Permanent Residence
· Reference: LS-70885-2504 · Salary: R8000 LIVE IN · Country: South Africa · Province: Eastern Cape · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
This position, you will be part of a close knit team that is lead by an executive chef, who runs the day to day work in the kitchen however you must be able to run the kitchen when the executive chef is on leave. Experience in working in a lodge kitchen and relevant qualifications are required.
The position needs to have a strong team player, of sober habits, non-smoker, and creative mind.
Long hours so no time watchers please.
Must be able to work in all aspects of the kitchen from food prep of the hot and cold food, to stock control / takes and menu planning.
· Reference: LS-70881-2501 · Salary: R6000 - R10000 dep on exp · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 25 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
- The preparation, presentation and service of food items for guests and staff standardised recipes, to quality standards set by the head chef. - To ensure that all food storage, preparation and service of all foods meet the standards set by the executive chef. - Assistance in ensuring all foods are prepared as close as possible to service times. - Assistance in ensuring that all menu items, are available in service areas throughout service times. - To assist in doing orders, liaising with the head/senior chef to ensure that adequate food items are available to produce the appropriate menu items. - To inform the head chef/maintenance of any malfunction of catering equipment. - Ensuring the kitchen and dining room areas are secured at the end of the evening and all equipment is switched off and secure - Ensuring the kitchen and restaurant areas are unlocked at the start of the early shift. - Ensuring all areas in the kitchen are covered if shortages of staff. - Economic and careful use of equipment, including knives, whisks, electric mixers, food processors, microwave and pressure steamers. - Maintaining a neat and tidy appearance at all times, observing standards of personal hygiene. - Ensure the outer kitchen doors are kept closed at all times. - Undertake light cleaning duties to maintain a tidy, clean and hygienic work environment. - Such other duties as may be required from time to time which are consistent with the grade of the post
Rotational work schedule. Comfortable in Pastry and Hot and cold Kitchen.
Skills/Requirements: Minimum of 1 year active working experience as chef de partie in an internationally recognised property or establishment. Fine dine experience a la carte service required. Good communication and work well under pressure. Computer literacy an advantage!
· Reference: LS-70868-2210 · Salary: Neg · Country: South Africa · Province: North West Province · Date Posted: 22 May 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A 5* hotel seeks an experienced chef with At least 4 years’ experience in a 5 star hotel environment with over 200 rooms, within the cold kitchen section. International experience an advantage. Applicants who do not have the above specific experience, will not be contacted or communicated with! No skype or telephonic interviews will be given and candidates must be able to attend an interview in person. Open to South African citizens only or non citizens who hold valid South African Permanent Residence
· Reference: LS-70855-2010 · Salary: R21 000 CTC · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 20 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Chef qualification with a Matric and a minimum of 4 years experience as an Executive Chef in the hospitality industry.
Please forward a detailed cv with head & shoulders photo + contactable references (EMAIL Preferred) of recent direct supervisors/employers. Please do not apply unless you have the above experience as unfortunately you will not be considered, nor communicated with.
· Reference: LS-70852-1911 · Salary: R19000 live in · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 19 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
A 4* Boutique Hotel situated in Sandton seeks a Chef de Partie.
Duties will include the following: This is a super opportunity for a recent graduate who is looking to work under a strong Executive Chef with European experience and Knowledge. All stocks and sauces and meals are made from scratch to classic french style. Candidate will assist in the preparation of Meals and Mise en place. Assist with Kitchen Hygiene Standards and Assist with Menu planning ideas and stock takes.
Qualifications: Professional Cookery Diploma is essential. Recently qualified individual will work well.
The candidate must have the following skills: Own Transport and Valid Drivers Licence. Reliable, Responsible, Willing to learn, Pro-Active, Passionate about good quality classical cuisine (French style).
· Reference: LS-70843-1911 · Salary: R5000-R8000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 19 May 2015 · Employer type: Catering Company
SANDTON , Corporate head office staff restaurant . You will be required to assist the Executive chef with the planning and execution of daily food production . You will need to lead the staff in the service of high quality food in the restaurant and for various functions for biard members and meetings.
The hours are mainly corporate
Skills/Requirements: This position is open ONLY to a European or Indian female chef for equity blance purposes . You should however be a fully qualified Professional chef or have a Diploma in dietetics, food nutician and administration . with 8 years experiece, in the industry with at least 2 at sous chef level
You will be required to manage costs through waste control, staff cost control and procative and innovative menu solutions. You will be reuired to be careative enough to develop a range of menus, their recipes and all costs . and you will be fully responsible for health and safety and HACCP in the kitchen
· Reference: LS-70809-1402 · Salary: R10 - 12500 . · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 14 May 2015 · Employer type: Catering Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a 5* environment?
We are now accepting applications for Commis Chefs - someone with drive and passion for the industry, with the ability to keep up with the high pace, and a sincere commitment to exceed expectations.
The ideal candidates will be creative, have a keen eye for detail, be able to work in a fast paced, highly pressurised environment, be able to lift, carry and handle large utensils and food produce and be able to work long and flexible hours.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Food preparation - as per specific area, according to specified menus, standards and in line with costing and portions
Care of operating equipment - cleaning, repair, storage
Adherence to all health & safety requirements including utmost cleanliness, recycling, pest control & general waste management.
The positions also require that the candidates have a minimum qualification of Grade 12 and 6 months formal chef's training, coupled with at least 1 year's working experience in a quality production kitchen.
Experience within a 4*/5* environment will be advantageous.
· Reference: LS-70790-1412 · Salary: TBA · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 14 May 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1234567
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Beauty Therapist - near Hoedspruit
Salary: Dep on Exp (plus commission & incentives). Spa therapist to provide cover for 3 lodges, doing 2 weeks at each lodge then taking 2 weeks off.Read More & apply
Senior Reservations Consultants - Maun
Salary: P12000 - P18000 dep on exp. A Tour operator is looking for creative and out of the box planning and designing of leisure FIT tailor-made itineraries. Read More...
Junior Bookkeeper - Somerset West
Salary: R8000 - R10000 neg. Tour operator based in Somerset West is looking for a full time Junior Bookkeeper. Read More...
Head Chef - Grahamstown
Salary: R10000 to R15000 dep on exp 5* Lodge looking for a professional Head Chef with exceptional 5* experience gained from highly regarded upmarket Restaurants or Game Lodges. Read More...
Fgasa Level 1 Guide - Pongola
Salary:R6000 - R10000 on exp. A Game Lodge is looking for a Guide with at least 2 years experience and a valid PDP. Read More...