Benefits / Perks:
Meals and accommodation (single en-suite room). Uniforms provided. Gratuities from guests.
Leave: Working 6 weeks on, 2 weeks leave thereafter in cycles
This 5 star, award winning lodge is situated in a private, big 5 reserve. Guest comfort is of the utmost importance, and is ensured against a backdrop of sophistication and elegance. The lodge is intimate and exclusive, with only 16 beds. They now require a knowledgeable and qualified Field Guide to join their team.
Position Reports to: Managing Director
Why should you apply for this position?
Excellent career prospects in an exclusive environment
Looking for a young and energetic guide, who is keen to join a winning team. Must have previous 5 star experience in a similar property, be passionate about his / her chosen career, and be able to interact well with both guests and staff.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Conduct game drives and walking safaris
- Host local and international guests
- Ensure guests needs are met – assist in other areas where necessary
- Assist with road maintenance, bush clearing, etc whenever possible.
- Assist the wildlife department with game counts or game capture, etc whenever possible.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Min FGASA Level 1
- Advanced Rifle Handling
- Trails Guide qualification beneficial
- Valid first aid certificate
- Code 8 drivers license and PDP
What type of experience do we require?
- Minimum of 2 years experience on a Big 5 reserve
- 5 Star Game Lodge experience preferred
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about nature
- Well presented and spoken
- Honest and reliable
- Excellent guest relations
- Ability to safely maintain equipment
- Basic 4X4 maintenance skills
- A working knowledge of the fundamentals of photography
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-66915-1702
· Salary: R6 000 per month. Live in
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Limpopo
· Date Posted: 17 Apr 2014
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge