Employer Overview: This 3* private lodge and game reserve is family owned and managed. It is situated near Cullinan, half an hour’s drive from the Kolonade shopping centre. This lodge offers a family warmth, kindness and refined elegance to both local and international guests. The staff of the lodge can be described as integral members of a team, and they are dedicated to making their guests feel at home and delivering African hospitality at its finest. Catering to some of the world’s most discerning guests, (including Leonardo Di Caprio and Paris Hilton), the staff are essential in making the experience a memorable one for each guest. The position of Stable Manager has now become avaliable.This person would need to maintain responsibility for all aspects of horsemanship, basic medical treatments, equine nutritional needs, as well as hands-on tasks such as grooming of horses and occasional mucking out of stables. This position also requires a good rider because he/she will also be an assistant safari guide when needed. This must be achieved whilst promoting the company goals of guest service and satisfaction, teamwork, and professional performance within the stable yard. Subtle, sophisticated and serene – this lodge seeks a person who will host guests and oversee the daily operations in manner matching the lodge’s high standards.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Minimum SANEF certificate of Horsemanship, Level 2 (NQF Level 6) or a Stable Manager's qualification.
- Veterinary nurse qualifications will be an asset.
- Grooming experience overseas would be beneficial.
- First Aid certificate.
- Computer literate.
- Must have own vehicle.
What type of experience do we require?
- minimum 5 years of horse-riding and stable management experience.
- The emphasis at this stable yard is on Natural Horsemanship.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Complete management of the stable yard plus admin.
- Must be involved with hands-on tasks including feeding, grooming, occasional mucking out of stables, turning out of horses to paddocks, wrapping legs for polo, and assisting with/administering veterinary treatments as well as administration of the stable yard.
- Assistant safari guide on horseback.
- possible training of horses of required.
Salary: negotiable according to skills plus incentives. Live in.
Country: South Africa Province: Gauteng
Date Posted: end August 2014
Description: Live in position, selected Meals and uniform.
Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
TAKE NOTE: Please do not apply if you do not meet all the requirements.
· Reference: LS-68350-2708
· Salary: 8000-10000 per month plus incentives
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Gauteng
· Date Posted: 27 Aug 2014
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge