Notes: Benefits include:
- Live-in basic furnished accommodation and meals
- Company Contribution on Medical Aid and Pension Fund
- Uniform provided
Leave: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off leave cycle.
- 4 weeks of the cycle will be spent guiding and 2 as a Relief Child Minder
Why should you apply for this position? Build your CV as a Ranger by joining this world-renowned, up-market Game Lodge situated in a private, Big 5 game reserve, while embracing your passion for children.
Employer Overview: Successful intimate, luxury lodge in a world-renowned big 5 private game reserve with many accolades over the years. Stable work environment. Discerning international clientele. The family friendly camp offers a Child Centre, that offers daily entertainment and education activities, as well as evening care.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Provide an excellent game experience to high profile guests including game drives and bush walks
- Ensure that vehicle and field guide equipment is kept in excellent working condition
- Meet and greet, and hosting of guests
- Assist with bush projects
- Run the Child Centre in the absence of the Centre Coordinator; run child friendly activities and host children at meal times
Position Reports to: Head Guide and MD
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Minimum FGASA Level 1
- Minimum Trails Guide Theory
- DEAT and THETA Registered
- Valid Driver’s License and PrDP
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Rifle Handling
What type of experience do we require?
- Min 2 years experience guiding in 5 Star Establishments
- Experience in child minding / au pair experience
What skills / behaviours are required?
- A passion for nature, animals, conservation and the environment
- A passion for people and creating a holistic experience, imparting knowledge about the bush
- Passion for children
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Professional and able to manage groups of children
- Well spoken and presented
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-65240-2901
· Salary: R5 000 – R6 000 per month, plus benefits. Live in.
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Mpumalanga
· Date Posted: 29 Nov 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge