"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Employer Overview: This 3* private lodge and game reserve is family owned and managed. It is situated near Cullinan, half an hour's drive from the Kolonade shopping centre. This lodge offers a family warmth, kindness and refined elegance to both local and international guests. The staff of the lodge can be described as integral members of a team, and they are dedicated to making their guests feel at home and delivering African hospitality at its finest. Catering to some of the world's most discerning guests, (including Leonardo Di Caprio and Paris Hilton), the staff are essential in making the experience a memorable one for each guest. The lodge is expanding and now seeks a junior game Ranger to maintain responsibility for position described below while promoting the company goals of guest service and satisfaction and teamwork.
TAKE NOTE: Please do not apply if you do not meet all the requirements. Job Description: Junior Game Ranger Position
-assisting with the Walking-with-lions program
- assisting within Predator/rehab department, feeding, maintenance of enclosures etc.
- animal curator, working together with team-mates within animal section.
- assisting with guest transfers when needed.
- Game reserve and animal enclosure maintenance
- A person who can turn a menial task into a work of art.
- A passion for wildlife (especially lions and serval) and people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Willing to learn all aspects of the position as specified in the procedure manual.
- FGASA 1 will be an asset.
- PDP current will be an asset.
- First Aid level 1
- Firearm competency optional.
- A good understanding of general animal skills.
- Physically very fit and healthy.
- Must be happy to live in a remote area.
· Reference: LS-71320-0112 · Salary: R4000 as starting salary depending on skills, live-in, own meals, own transport. · Country: South Africa · Province: Gauteng · Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
A four and five star Bush Lodge situated in a privately owned mountain bushveld nature estate 17km from Nelspruit is looking to recruit a Lodge Anchor / Guide couple to join our young, enthusiastic & energetic team!
We are looking for a young, energetic and dynamic couple with good people skills. Must be hardworking, outgoing and a dedicated team player.
LODGE ANCHOR: Guest Hosting, dining Service, meet & greet guests, handling calls, check-outs, assisting in reservations and general administration. Supervising housekeeping.
FIELD GUIDE: Guest activities & hosting. Dining service. Meet & greet guests. Assisting in vehicle and game farm management.
LODGE ANCHOR: Minimum 3 years working experience in hospitality, computer literate essential. Tourism/hospitality qualifications an advantage.
FIELD GUIDE: FGASA 1 qualification. PDP license. Valid first aid certificate. Minimum 2-3 years guiding experience.
· Reference: LS-71315-3111 · Salary: R12 000 - R14 000 per month depending on experience · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Guide must have a passion for guiding and conservation, thereby allowing guests to have more than a 5-star bush experience. Guide should be honest, display integrity and have staff relations as well as guest relations at heart without compromising ecosystems.
FGASA Level II
Full Trails , ARH & Competency certificate (SAPS)
Zulu speaking will be an advantage.
· Reference: LS-71263-2101 · Salary: R6 000 - R8 000, dep on exp · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 21 Jul 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 2 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment, host clients, assist with minor vehicle maintenance where needed, assist with daily operations and collect and drop off clients at airport. This is a live in position.
A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide
A level 2 FGASA qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
Registered with DEAT and THETA
Minimum First Aid Level 1
· Reference: LS-71262-2112 · Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications · Country: South Africa · Province: Mpumalanga · Date Posted: 21 Jul 2015 · Employer type: Tour Operator