Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that general housekeeping related to work conducted on site is up to standard and according to COMPANY as well as client procedures.
- Maintain equipment to its optimum performance level by monitoring and performing Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance tasks with an emphasis on safety and quality of work
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at designated places as dictated by signage or instruction
- Ensure compliance with all Company guidelines, checklists, policies and procedures.
- Check with helpdesk twice daily for any jobs. Ensure job cards are fully completed and signed off when jobs are done.
- Communicate with Help desk regarding work progress, problems and innovations
- Ensure that Gardens and Grounds Maintenance facilities are maintained and functional as per the clients requirements and COMPANY standards
- Ensure that contractors are HSE compliant when coming on site
- Assist and perform basic work requests such as; door repairs, unblocking plumbing problems in sinks, toilet bowls, carpentry and joinery assistance, replacing locks, etc.
- Perform surfaces varnishing with brushes and rollers
- Paint damaged interior and exterior walls, doors and other building items (by special request only)
- Prepare surface and repair old paints scrubbing, cracks pointing and holes clearance
- Varnish surfaces by hand
- Must have general knowledge and skills in all-round maintenance trades, including minor handyman and other duties as assigned by Help Desk
- Maintains understanding of current trends, codes, safety, practices and technologies related to the trade and associated trades
- Supervise skilled tasks in building or facility construction and maintenance requiring the application of general knowledge of maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools, and equipment within a safe manner
- Ensure compliance with SLA as well as complying with legal requirements and industry standards
- Provide high standards service to colleagues and customers maintaining good relationships throughout
- Maintain house keeping, storage and work areas in a clean, tidy and secure condition
- Control and preservation of materials and tools issued for the performance of work duties and provide advance notification to Help Desk when stocks reach minimal level
- You may be directed by your Help Desk to do job tasks that are not listed above but you have the skills and competency to perform in a safe manner
- It is at all times required to appear in a suitable manner/ Corporal hygiene must be irreproachable
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Matric is essential
- 2 – 5 years hands on experience in Facilities Operations and Maintenance
- Have a good knowledge of the plant locations/facilities. client organizational structure and equipment under contract.
- Have a good knowledge of the scope of service of each contractor.
- Average oral and written knowledge in English.
- Motor vehicle drivers licence
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions at a high professional standard
- Working knowledge of plumbing and heating systems
- Good technical, trouble shooting skills in all of the above
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety, MSDS, Health & Environmental legislation
- Experience and knowledge in basic ‘all-round’ civil maintenance trades such as; basic electrical, plumbing, painting, lock smith and carpentry
- Must be able to perform works with limited or no supervision
- Ability to accurately complete all documentation and paperwork in regards to work order requests
- Ability to understand and be familiar with general
- Maintenance work flow processes, procedures and systems
· Reference: LS-62337-0905
· Salary: R5500.00
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Western Cape
· Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013
· Employer type: Catering Company