Notes: Benefits include Medical Aid contribution, food & drinks allowance, and annual air tickets. Permits handled by company. Leave: 2 months paid annual leave Employer Overview: This intimate tented camp is located in a secluded area of Tarangire National Park, one of the most exciting and least visited parks in Tanzania. In total seclusion amongst giant acacia trees and looking out beyond the flat savannah, this camp offers a very exclusive safari experience. The picturesque landscape is filled with ancient baobab trees, ambling elephants and birds in flight. Built to the highest eco-friendly standards, this camp has a particularly low-carbon footprint.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
• FGASA Trails Guide OR SKS certificate with Rifle Handling to approach Dangerous Game on foot – essential qualifications
• Advanced Rifle Handling qualification
• Tertiary qualification in Business or Hotel & Catering Management – essential for permit requirements.
• Computer literacy is essential.
What type of experience do we require?
- Experience in working successfully together in a luxury Lodge environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in Luxury Lodge management preferably within Africa
- Thorough working knowledge of Cost Control systems and mechanisms.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
• Provide guest safari walks daily Guest Relations • Meet and welcoming guests to your camp and help them to settle in comfortably.
• Providing guests with reliable and knowledgeable information about the camp and the surrounding facilities.
• Dealing with all requests with a genuine degree of willingness to assist no matter how difficult or impractical the request.
• Ensuring harmony in the workplace by maintaining consistent practices when dealing with staff issues.
• Maintaining staff records efficiently.
• Ensuring rosters for work, leave etc. are fairly exercised.
• Maintaining disciplinary and grievance procedures fairly and accordance to company and labor requirements.
• Dealing staff issued fairly and without prejudice.
• Ongoing training within the various departments.
• Supervision of Heads of Department,
supervisors and other management.
• Monthly management reports
• Checking invoices and allocating to relevant budgets
• Coordination of flight schedules
Food & Beverage
• Maintain standards of food production and service
• Train kitchen and restaurant staff
• Control F&B costs
What skills / behaviours are required?
• Clearly demonstrated people skills – the ability to make people from a variety of backgrounds feel relaxed and welcome.
• Sensitivity to needs and expectations, and single mindedness in seeing that these needs are met is key.
• A high degree of flexibility and problem-solving acumen is required as operating isolated camps
• A strong flair for practical and mechanical problem-solving would be preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to act to detail and a proven ability to motivate other to have the same commitment to quality and detail orientation.
• The ability to speak a European language in addition to English would be an advantage.
Position Reports to: Regional Manager Forward CV’s to: email@example.com Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-62943-1701
· Salary: USD $4000 nett.
· Country: Tanzania
· Date Posted: 17 May 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge