Notes: Accommodation and meals provided, Medical Aid and Provident Fund contributions Leave: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off leave cycle Employer Overview: Showcasing one of the continent’s finest game viewing experiences, this luxury game lodge offers a wildlife sanctuary where intimate encounters and rare discoveries can be experienced firsthand. An exclusive game lodge that caters to the most discerning guests from all over the world, this property prides itself on its high standards of service. This game lodge group is built on the strength of remarkable people who give passionately to their roles, work tirelessly, and have the guest experience at the core of their focus.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Relevant hospitality qualification
- Driver’s license
What type of experience do we require?
- Min 2 years reception experience in a 5 star game lodge
- Luxury game lodge experience essential
- QuickBooks knowledge and experience essential
What are the key responsibilities of the position? • Communication of any updates on day sheets and reservations
• Ensure the Lodge manager is always up to dat
e with day sheets, occupancy forecasts etc.
• Double check room allocations, ensuring the appropriate rooms are allocated to the appropriate guests
• Ensure telephones and radios are answered timeously and professionally
• Ensure gratuities spread sheet is updated and balances, as well as allocated correctly
• Ensure the lodge is stocked with the required printing and stationary required
• Manage weekly finance meeting
• Collation and resolution of general ledger queries
• Accurate compilation of guest feedback
• Oversee spa staff allocation and admin
• Ensure month end procedures for front office are followed
• Assisting with guest check outs / ins
What skills / behaviours are required?
• Communication skills - with guests and fellow staff members
• Standard of your work must exceed the standard of the lodge
• Good organisational ability
• Lateral thinking ability
• Must adhere to World Class Hospitality and Service Standards
• Professional, courteous, hospitable to guests
• Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
• Must be able to lead people and correct things when needed
• Honest, have good integrity, proactive and driven person who has career ambitions
Position Reports to: Front Office Manager Forward CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-62937-1701
· Salary: R6 500 per month, live in.
· Country: South Africa
· Province: KwaZulu-Natal
· Date Posted: 17 May 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge