Oyster Bay Lodge is situated on a Private Coastal Reserve of 235 hectares in between Knysna and Port Elizabeth.
Humansdorp, Jeffreys Bay and St Francis Bay are the closest nearby villages.
Oyster Bay Lodge is renowned for its exceptional hospitality, uninterrupted sea viewing accommodation, eco/outdoor activities and restaurant. 80% of the guests are foreigners staying 2 – 4 nights being on a tour through South Africa.
What are the key responsibilities
- Daily Check in and Checkout
- Process POS and all other charges to guest accounts
- Manage petty cash box
- Process staff shift lists, UIF, PAYE, Bank reconciliation, IRP and other admin
- Check and reply to emails within 12 hours
- Answer calls, and take clear messages
- Answer pertinent questions regarding company matters or transfer the caller to someone who can
- Build marketing relationships with (inter)national resellers like tour operators, agents etc.
- Liaise between suppliers, customers, visitors, enquirers, or relevant staff
- Prepare daily weather reports, rooms lists, and meal and wake up call sheets
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, typing, and faxing
- Keep the reception area neat and clean
- Receive and check deliveries and process in internal cost system
This is an opportunity to work in an internationally recognised venue with discerning local and international guests, as well as be part of a driven and dynamic team. Huge learning and growth potential.
Position Reports to: Operational Manager
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Passion for sparkling service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to interact with high calibre international guests
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Neat and presentable
- Mature, sophisticated and elegant and able to assist in any other department
- Impressive telephone etiquette
- Must be able to plan, organise, execute and follow up
- Exceptional computer skills, good organizing and planning skills
- Should work under rigorous pressure and meet close deadlines
- Must have sober habits and be able to work in remote area in middle of nature
· Reference: LS-66607-0311
· Salary: 6000
· Country: South Africa
· Date Posted: 03 Apr 2014
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge