"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Professional and well spoken Receptionist needed for new Hotel in Lephalale. We require the services of an experienced Receptionist to answer and direct calls, assist with queries and guest complaints, process payments and compile invoices, and to be responsible for the checking in and out of guests.
Opera System Experience required; Minimum of 2 years experience in a hotel reception; Polite, friendly person that can think on their feet; Well spoken and well presented individual; Strong administration skills; Must have grade 12 and be computer literate.
· Reference: LS-72108-0903 · Salary: R 4500 - R 6000 · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Delivers friendly personal service and attention to all customers using the meetings' areas.
- Operates the Business Centre and meeting room facilities in accordance with established policy.
- Clarifies all missing details before the event and asks details from person selling the business.
- Ensures that the meeting rooms are set up according to the guests requirements, including all technical equipment, signage… before arrival of the guest. Missing items or mistakes are immediately reported to the banqueting operation for appropriate action to be taken.
- Ensures that he service standards are maintained.
- Ensures fulfilment of all reasonable requests made by guest and co-ordinates with all related departments.
- Offers maximum choice of facilities and services to customers.
- Ensures the correct schedule is maintained and guest preferences are delivered.
- Make regular room inspections and co-ordinates with other departments to ensure best conditions for meeting rooms.
- Ensures that all related departments service the meetings' areas facilities to the highest standards and give special recognition to Meetings customers.
- Monitor results from Richey and Guest Satisfaction Survey reports and take action where necessary.
- Welcomes all meeting guests and escorts them to the meeting room
- Explains to the guests where their meting/lunch is taking place and shows them the most important places in the hotel (rest rooms, place for coffee break, etc.)
- Verifies again the time schedule (for coffee-break, lunch, etc,) and asks them for any details missing like the definite number of guests, the timing or special desires in order to ensure the perfect evolution of the meeting.
- Is able to explain to guests the use of the meeting room equipment (OHP, Flip Chart, Sound-system, lights, etc.), assists them with any kind of problem, or breakdown or arranges for technical assistance.
- Aims to speak with all guests regularly, using their names, to offer advice and assistance. Also arranges services within hotel as required.
- Is able to deal with guest comments and complaints and reports them to the C&B Sales Manager.
- Provides personal send off for delegates, and solicits feedback questionnaires (exit interview).
- Checks the forthcoming day's bookings and arrival list to match up the Hilton Meetings customers on VIP list.
- Manages team of meetings' staff, motivating and empowering them to deliver individual service and attention to all customers.
- Organises training and cross exposure for meetings' staff in Food & Beverage, Accounting, Sales and Front Office departments so that staff has an all-round view on the hotel operation.
- Is able to provide secretarial assistance (make copies, send faxes and execute typing work for the meeting guests).
- Keeps the Business Centre constantly staffed during opening hours and is available to help guests in person or on the telephone.
- Assists meeting organisers and delegates throughout the day and solves possible problems.
- Makes sure specific tasks are carried out such as:
- Preparation and distribution of Event Orders, Daily and Weekly Forecast
- Printing and distribution of daily menus, banquet menus and beverage lists
- according to the event orders
- Weekly order of all material needed in the Business Centre and meeting rooms
- Ordering flowers in time
- Preparation of C&B sales kits
- Checks vacant meeting rooms to ensure room is ready for hire to a walk-in.
- Has to know which information has to be given to which department and respectively to which person, especially when communicating changes.
- Checks quality and appearance of Food & Beverage deliveries throughout the day and can also assist with the service delivery in case of emergency.
- Handles reservations and booking for meeting rooms as required by customers. A take care of walk-in guests finds them a vacant meeting possibility and makes sure they are going to pay. Informs all concerned departments immediately about the new reservation.
- Has good product knowledge and is able to conduct an inspection tour at any time.
- Handles all incoming phone calls and takes appropriate actions.
- Responsible for the immediate settlement after the meeting. (payment on site)
- Co-ordinates billing as required; this could include the preparation of all the checks for meeting and banqueting events in the Micros system.
- Co-ordinates the charging of all business services e.g. photocopying, faxes.
- Makes sure the payment is guaranteed (credit card or payment of the room rental) before the guest is leaving.
-Ability to motivate and inspire team towards the Hotel's goals n preparing budgets and forecasts and then reporting performance based on these budgets
Comprehensive risk management and the development of risk mitigation strategies
Experience in dealing with both internal and external auditors
Experience on computerised systems like top tier business intelligence systems
Diploma or degree
3years previous experience in a similar position
· Reference: LS-72081-0710 · Salary: R12 000 Accommodation included · Country: South Africa · Province: KwaZulu-Natal · Date Posted: 07 Nov 2015 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
As a Host/Hostess your main duty will be to ensure comfort and well-being of the guests by managing the business while on duty.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: (Depending on which shift you are, the following duties apply)
To manage the business.
To be friendly, efficient and always willing to help.
Make bookings and answer emails en other enquiries.
Follow all hand overs through and make sure they have been done.
Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition. (radio, telephone, computer, internet, Wi-Fi and security systems)
Make sure there is music playing.
Charge all telephone calls to rooms.
Make sure that all charges have been accurately billed to each room.
Prepare guests' bills for check-outs and check out the guests.
Ensure gratuities and sales, etc. are recorded accordingly.
Print the rooming list and check.
Assist guests with their requirements and requests.
Always be available at Reception to welcome and attend to guests.
Do proper handover of petty cash.
Ensure that all system backups are done daily.
Make sure that the security telephone is charged and in good working order.
Communicate all related maintenance issues and get them sorted out.
Make sure all the guest's info is on the reservation.
Know Stellenbosch well and know where everything is.
Make and manage reservations.
Assist in making reservations at restaurants for guests.
Make sure that the Reception Area is always spotless.
Make sure the soft and other drinks are fully stocked and neat and tidy.
Practice good personal hygiene principals at all times. (hair to be clean and tidy, face clean and tidy, etc.)
Assist with and assure breakfast is ready and correctly served.
Assist in serving of guests for dinner.
Lock up of Hotel in the evenings.
Making sure all areas are secure (gas, lights are switched off, etc.)
Supervise Security during the evenings.
Do “walk about” and inspect Security every night.
Apart from these daily tasks, a main area of responsibilities will be added, according to your strong points.
Shifts can be between 6h30 and 22h00 7 days a week.
Start Date: ASAP
Experience and minimum qualifications needed:
NB: Computer literacy and hospitality industry experience is required. Education: Matric. Must be able to speak, understand and write English and Afrikaans at a high level. Work Experience: Previous experience essential. Service experience is essential.
A positive, outgoing personality will be a plus and great physical condition and perfect health a must to perform duties in a timely and accurate manner.
· Reference: LS-72063-0610 · Salary: Neg. according to experience approximately R7 000 to 8 000 per month – Cost to Company · Country: South Africa · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 · Employer type: Hotel
Professional and well spoken Receptionist needed for new 5* Star Lodge near Lephalale. We require the services of an experienced Receptionist to answer and direct calls, assist with queries and guest complaints, process payments and compile invoices, and to be responsible for the checking in and out of guests.
Opera System Experience required.
Minimum of 2 years experience in a hotel reception
Polite, friendly person that can think on their feet
Well spoken and well presented individual
Strong administration skills
Must have grade 12 and be computer literate
· Reference: LS-71987-2301 · Salary: Negotiable (Live-In) · Country: South Africa · Province: Limpopo · Date Posted: 23 Oct 2015 · Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
General Assistant / Maintenance Guy - Midlands
Salary: R5000. A guest house is looking for a mature SINGLE Guy who has a hands on approach and is technically minded to assist with all the maintenance of the property as well as help with checking in Guests and taking care of all their needs. Read More & apply
Pastry Chef - Western Cape (Hout Bay)
Salary: R6 000 – R9 000 dep on exp. 5* establishment is looking for a Pastry Chef to manage the pastry/cold section on their own and be responsible for all produce in this section.Read More...
Head Guide - Hoedspruit
Salary: Negotiable dep on exp. A Game farm / Lodge is looking for a FGASA L2 guide to conduct game drives upon reserve, allocation of guides, hosting of guests, guests transfers. Read More...
Executive Chef - Limpopo Vaalwater
Salary: R 10 000 dep on exp. Executive Chef for 5* lodge in the Waterberg / Vaalwater area. Read More...
Spa Therapist - 1.5hrs from Cape Town
Salary:R6500 + Commission. 5* resort hotel with busy spa seeks an experienced spa Therapist. Read More...