Notes: Cost to Company package includes:
• Medical Aid and Provident Fund contributions
• Single accommodation
• Meals and Uniform provided
Leave: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off leave cycle.
Employer Overview: This five star, world class game lodge seeks a Lodge Manager to join their dynamic and dedicated team. Elegant and luxurious, this lodge strives to meet and maintain the highest standards of service. With sweeping decks, lavish rooms and the finest food and beverage service, the lodge caters to the most discerning local and international guests. Join their staff in delivering unparalleled service in an up-market and luxurious game lodge environment.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Monitor hospitality service, maintenance, gardening and housekeeping standards
- Manage and train staff, and ensure that the morale of the lodge staff is kept at a high level
- Plan and implement Strategic Management Plans
- Ensure ultimate guest relations
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control
- Effective communication and maintenance of lodge relations.
Why should you apply for this position? Join a world class, five star game lodge group with properties around Africa. Opportunities for growth and development within the group.
Position Reports to: General Manager
What type of experience do we require?
- A minimum of 6 year’s work experience – ideally 4 in a well-recognized five star hotel or world class lodge, as a manager
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Hospitality Management qualification from a recognized establishment beneficial
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge
- Financial management ability
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional English and a second language would be preferable
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- A developmental approach to staff
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-65305-0601
· Salary: R18 000 – R27 000 per month. Live in. Negotiable, depending on experience.
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Mpumalanga
· Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge