Notes: Cost to Company package includes:
• Live in – Single Accommodation; not suitable for children or pets
• Meals and uniform provided
• Pension Fund and Medical Aid contributions
Employer Overview: Five Star Game lodge catering to discerning international guests. Intimate and exclusive. Such a vast area offers a safe haven for many endangered and rare species while protecting an area of unique diversity and beauty. Hospitality operations serve as a means towards ensuring that the conservation objectives of the property are sustainable while at the same time ensuring that the people of the area benefit from the work opportunities and training that tourism development offers. This luxury lodge caters to the most discerning clientele, and they now seek a Guest Liaison/Hostess to join their dynamic team.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
• Prepare welcome and departure notes for guests
• Check guests in during the day and manage dietaries, children, or any other special requests
• Host guests during the day and at meal times - meet them back from drive and assist with any request they have
• Check set ups for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Host children’s activities at the lodge
Why should you apply for this position? This serves as an opportunity not only to gain five star experience, but also to broaden your skills base under the management of highly skilled staff.
Position Reports to: Lodge Manager
Which qualifications will secure this position?
• Relevant hospitality management qualification
• Driver’s license – minimum of Code 8
• General computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc)
What type of experience do we require?
• A minimum of 2 years Front of House experience a must
• Working knowledge of Opera and Pastel
• Experience in interacting closely with discerning guests
• Bush/Game Lodge experience preferred
What skills / behaviours are required?
• Excellent communication skills - with guests and fellow staff members
• Good organisational ability
• Able to use initiative
• Professional, courteous, and hospitable to guests
• Able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
• Honest, have good integrity, proactive and driven person who has career ambitions
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-65299-0612
· Salary: R4 000.00 – R5 500.00 Negotiable; depending on experience.
· Country: South Africa
· Province: KwaZulu-Natal
· Date Posted: 06 Dec 2013
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge