Notes: Package includes an annual travel allowance, annual medical allowance and small relocation allowance. Accommodation, meals and uniform provided.
Work permits covered by the employer.
Leave: 3 months on, 1 month off.
Situated in a country of magnificent natural splendor, this Five Star lodge thrives whilst providing first class service to local and international guests. The luxurious lodge now seeks a Head Chef to join their award winning team in working to reach new heights.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
• Support Junior Executive Chef and Executive Chef in all kitchen management duties
• Fill in for the Junior Executive Chef during leave cycles
• Train chefs on the proper use of the ingredient
• Control all preparation of dishes
• Guest liaison
• Mentor and train kitchen staff – including on the job training, monthly food workshops, etc.
• Work towards the budgeted food cost and remain within monthly budgets
• Overseeing staff administration – including staff roster, leave structure and attendance register
• Assist with hiring and screening of all staff, and assist disciplinary action when necessary
• Communicate all needed food orders to the Executive Chef and Junior Executive Chef
• Responsible for stock management and stock take of all food monthly
• Check and rotate stocks in fridges and freezers daily
• Maintain good working relationships with local suppliers
Why should you apply for this position?
Work in a luxury lodge, situated in a beautiful but remote region of Africa. Take the opportunity to travel and live in a foreign place, and to work with a dynamic and passionate team. This property forms part of an international hospitality group, with properties throughout Africa – huge potential for growth within the group.
Position Reports to: Junior Executive Chef and Executive Chef
What type of experience do we require?
- Min 3 years experience as a Head Chef in a 5 Star Game Lodge
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- Formal Chef Qualification from a recognized establishment
What skills / behaviours are required?
• Attention to detail
• Passion for training staff, creating fabulous food, and new ideas
• Good interpersonal skills
• Sense of urgency
• Passionate about guest delight
• Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of your job
• Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-66367-0711
· Salary: USD1 600 – 1 800, gross per month. Live in.
· Country: Tanzania
· Date Posted: 07 Mar 2014
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge