"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, itâ€™s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Ref: K1009RAS Job Title: Executive Chef Luxury Beach Resort Start Date: ASAP Appointment Type: Permanent Area: Zanzibar Salary: $2000 2500 NETT per month, Live in.
Notes: - Benefits include a return flight, medical aid, accommodation and meals - 30 days leave per annum
Employer Overview: Situated on the exotic Zanzibar Island, this luxury hotel overlooks a sparkling expanse of iridescent ocean, and a cluster of thatched cottages in rich tropical gardens. The hotel is situated in a natural paradise, and their vision is for nature and the hotel to coexist harmoniously, so that guests can enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings without forsaking creature comforts.
What are the key responsibilities of the position? - Ability to calculate food costs and understand kitchen finances - Ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures to the highest levels according to HACCP guidelines. - Stock Control - Active role in food preparation - Menu planning creating and implementing new dishes as per instructions of the Directors
What type of experience do we require? - Fine dining/gourmet background - Min. 3 years experience in an Executive Chef position - Beach Hotel experience a plus
Which qualifications will secure this position? - Professional Culinary Qualification from a recognised institution - Driver s License
What skills / behaviours are required? - Hard working, passionate, dedicated and committed - Hands-on kitchen management - Attention to detail - Good computer literacy - Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills - Understanding of kitchen procedures and timing requirements and ability to plan accordingly - Good communication skills
Why should you apply for this position? This is an opportunity to work on an exotic island, in a luxury beach resort that caters to international clientele. The hotel is dedicated to conservation, and has many eco-friendly initiatives.
Position Reports to: Managing Director
Forward CV s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application: - Photograph Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database - Start and End dates for all previous employment - Written references that you have available - Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.
· Reference: LS-68784-2908-031 · Salary: R2k - 2.5k per month + Live in · Country: Tanzania · Province: Western Cape · Date Posted: 29 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Zanzibar - Run the well established kitchens of this seaside resort hotel. It gets mainly European guests who expect a very high standard of food especially seafood. You will need to come in and maintain or improve the standards. All kitchen staff are local but have been well trained.
• Professional Tertiary Chefs Qualification , Hard working, passionate, dedicated and committed , Fine- dining/gourmet background, attention to detail , Hands-on kitchen management , Active role in food preparation Menu planning – creating and implementing new dishes as per instructions of the Directors . Ability to calculate food costs and understand kitchen finances . Good computer literacy . Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills . Understanding of kitchen procedures and timing requirements and ability to plan accordingly . Good communication skills Team player. Ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures to the highest levels according to HACCP guidelines. Stock Control. Salary and Benefits: $2500 nett , Full expat benefits including return flight, medical, accommodation and meals .One month’s paid leave per annum. EQUIVALENT TO A R35,000 CTC PACKAGE
· Reference: LS-68607-1303-018 · Salary: $2500 + accom , meals , 1 flight a year · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
We are in urgent need for a Manageress and a female Chef for an upmarket 74 chalet lodge on the east coast of Zanzibar. Unfortunately we can only offer these positions to single females as we do not have positions for partners. The lodge has electricity with backup generators, Wi-Fi with fans and air conditioners in each chalet.
The position is currently available for a Manageress who will be responsible for the entire operational running and administrative organization of this well utilized upmarket privately owned lodge. Candidates must have basic management experience. Key qualities we are looking for include-Reliability, Pro-activeness, Solutions orientated, Flexibility & Adaptability, High Service Ethics, Outgoing, Skilled Communicator (English) and People’s Person (including children) characterized by the ability to use diplomacy and tact.
Management responsibilities include: Staff Management; Excellent Planning, Co-Ordinating and Control capabilities. Excellent verbal skills (oral and written English). Administrative Excellence around cost controls. Professional Personal Appearance & Guest Relations. The ability to work under pressure and must have attention to detail.
Management requirements must be very well organized and computer literate. Duties include: Welcoming guests, supervising the kitchen and housekeeping departments, staff training, managing a staff of sixteen, stock and cost control, lodge purchasing, reports and statistics, invoicing guests for usage etc, dealing with guest’s enquiries and requirements for their stay. When required assisting guests with daily activities.
The Chef will be responsible for running a well equipped kitchen producing 5* quality 3 course meals. Training of local staff will be part of their duties as well as cost control.
Work conditions – 6 days on and 1 day off with 28 days annual leave.
Benefits for the ideal applicants will include accommodation and all meals. Salary and other benefits will be negotiable. Flights and visas will be paid by the company. This will be a 2 year contract with an option to re-new if agreeable by both parties’.
Please provide contactable references with your application. E-mail updated CV’s and applications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a reply within in 14 days then please consider your application unsuccessful.
· Reference: LS-68542-1103 · Salary: Negotiable · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Hotel
Zanzibar â€“ Luxury Beach Lodge with varied dining options seeks suitably qualified and experienced Executive Chef to manage all culinary requirements for the property.
- Meal preparation, plating and presentation
- Kitchen management
- Menu planning â€“ creating and implementing new dishes as per instructions of the Directors
- Calculation food costs and manage kitchen finances
- Stock management (purchasing, rotation, issuing, stock take)
- Related kitchen administration
- Staff management, development and training
- Kitchen hygiene and cleanliness (HACCP)
- Grade 12 (matric)
- Tertiary qualification at a reputable Culinary Institution (very important for work permit process)
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs in similar position within an A la yrcarte/Buffet dining environment
- Hard working, passionate, dedicated and committed individual
- Fine dining/gourmet background, attention to detail
- Good computer literacy
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Understanding of kitchen procedures and timing requirements and ability to plan accordingly
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures to the highest levels according to HACCP guidelines.
- Computer literate on MS Office suite
- Drivers licence
Please send through photographs of yourself with your application. Food photos essential. Please include letters of reference and copies of qualifications.
· Reference: LS-68400-0301 · Salary: R20 000 - R25 000 Live in + Benefits · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 03 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Guest Experience Manager - Cambodia
Salary: R8K-10K.Front office experience in luxury five-star properties. A high level of knowledge of Opera PMS, Excel, Word and Outlook is essential. Read More...
Pastry Chef - Stellenbosch
Salary: On Application. Suitably qualified Pastry Chef with a minimum of 3 years' service in a similar position. Read More...
Senior Sous/ Head Chef - Sabi Sand
Salary: Neg. Live In. Culinary qualification. Driverâ€™s License. Min 3 yrs exp in a similar position. Read More...
Management Couple - Midrand
Salary: Market & exp related - not live in. Exp in running a lodge or boutique hotel, as well as managing a vehicle workshop with staff. Food and beverage exp. Read More...
Camp Manageress - Ruaha National Park
Salary: $1800 + full board & acc. Camp manager who is able to run all the aspects of a safari camp operation. Financial/accounting and or office administration exp necessary. Read More...