"Thanks to Lodgestaff.com I found an assistant management couple and am really excited to add them to our staff. I will always make use of this excellent service available to the South African hospitality industry." Louisa Strydom, Riverside Lodge, Aliwal North
"I visit lodgestaff.com at least once a week, it’s a great service you offer & I always find something to read or follow up on, keep up the good work." Shane Tintinger, TsAfrika Catering Solutions
Zanzibar – Luxury Beach Lodge with varied dining options seeks suitably qualified and experienced Executive Chef to manage all culinary requirements for the property.
- Meal preparation, plating and presentation
- Kitchen management
- Menu planning – creating and implementing new dishes as per instructions of the Directors
- Calculation food costs and manage kitchen finances
- Stock management (purchasing, rotation, issuing, stock take)
- Related kitchen administration
- Staff management, development and training
- Kitchen hygiene and cleanliness (HACCP)
- Grade 12 (matric)
- Tertiary qualification at a reputable Culinary Institution (very important for work permit process)
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs in similar position within an A la yrcarte/Buffet dining environment
- Hard working, passionate, dedicated and committed individual
- Fine dining/gourmet background, attention to detail
- Good computer literacy
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Understanding of kitchen procedures and timing requirements and ability to plan accordingly
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures to the highest levels according to HACCP guidelines.
- Computer literate on MS Office suite
- Drivers licence
Please send through photographs of yourself with your application. Food photos essential. Please include letters of reference and copies of qualifications.
· Reference: LS-68400-0301 · Salary: R20 000 - R25 000 Live in + Benefits · Country: Tanzania · Province: · Date Posted: 03 Sep 2014 · Employer type: Beach/Island Resort
Click on the page numbers below to see the next page of results. 1
Featured Lodgestaff Jobs
Front Office Admin Manager - Malawi
Salary: R16K Live In - Malawi . Manager for an 8 bedroomed, upmarket beach lodge and yacht charter company. Computerised res system exp. needed. Excellent hospitality skills. Read More...
F&B Manager - Sossusvlei
Salary: Neg. Amazing dessert life for you? A Game farm in Sossusvlei is looking for a F&B Manager, min 3 yrs experience, a Namibian citizen and fluent in German. Read More...
Spa Therapist - Mpumalanga
Salary: R4.5K-R5.5K. Live in with 10% commission. 3 yrs exp in a similar up-market environment essential, Exp in reflexology and aromatherapy is non-negotiable. ITEC or CIDESCO certifications and a National Diploma in Health and Skin Care are required to take on this position. Read More...
Head Guide - Zambia
Salary: TBD. Head guide required to head up a team of 10 guides at Chongwe Safaris. To bring discipline and structure to team, large fleet of vehicles, boats and canoes. Implement ongoing training and enrich guests activity experience. Read More...
Executive Chef - Limpopo
Salary: R25K-R30K. Minimum of 5 years in an Executive Chef position with relevant qualifications, Excellent Kitchen management skills, Exp in cooking for large numbers of 650 pax, Exp in running a kitchen with at least 60 staff, Strong controls & procurement skills, Menu planning & innovation. Read More...